Just Labradors banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it took him long enough, but finally at the age of 10 and a half months old Dozer has discovered that if he looks out the windows in the house he can see stuff. He has always looked IN the windows at the back of the house to see me in the kitchen or whatever, but even when I would try to show him out the other windows from inside he didn't get it. It was as if a light bulb went off in his head when he figured it out. He is a silent watcher for the most part. Yesterday he did try barking at someone walking down the street, but I corrected him, so he went back to looking with his eyes and not with his barker. Too cute.

PS. He still has not realised the van has windows. LOL

·
Registered
10,307 Posts
Shhhh! Don't let Hershey Kisses hear about this. The living room is off limits, not forbidden, but off limits. That is the only room where the windows face the front of the house. She doesn't know she can watch the world from there.

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
Java just recently discovered this also...she's 13 months.
She loves looking out the windows...no barking though. Just watching.

·
Registered
13,524 Posts
Dozer, lookin' out da windows is da best! I's like to do it wif my face touchin' da glass, but yous gotta be careful cuz da glass gets steamed up and then you can't see very good. My momma keeps a big, comfy ottoman in front of da window for me to lay on while I's do my lookin'. I had her take a picture so yous could see my form:

Enjoy your world watchin'!

·
Registered
4,824 Posts
My house windows are too high for Lexi to lay & watch the world go by! But, the front storm door is full panel glass (or screen in the summer).

That is her absolute favorite place to lay. I am not sure if it is watching people & cars go by or just sleeping in the afternoon sun that comes in the door.

·
Registered
11,446 Posts
LOL Garth. I did for a second, too!

My apartment is below ground level, so the windows are RIGHT at ground level. Abbey lays on the windowsill and barks at everything except squirrels. With the squirrels, her eyes about pop out of her head and she just shakes.. lol.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I have a bay window in my living room and about a month or so ago Bailey realized she was big enough to sit or stand at the window and see everything outside. We recently had two big snow storms and she loved sitting by the window watching the snow fall...it was cute. Luckily she doesn't bark at anything or anyone, just watches.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Hah Dozer! Lila hasn't discovered the joy of watching out windows yet, even with her doggie friends checking it out when they come over. :)

·
Registered
147 Posts
Luke and Josi look out the front and back windows...the front to "protect" the house and the back to see the world.

Lots to look at...from ducks to geese to chickens to cats. Luckily they don't bark at any of them...they just enjoy the view.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts