Just Labradors banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Not sure if this helps but...

Source

If Windows Mail determines that a message might be a phishing e‑mail, it blocks access to all links in that message. If you're certain that the message is legitimate and you want to enable links in the message, open the message, and then, on the Information bar, click Unblock to enable links in the message.

·
Registered
29,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Where the hell is the information bar? lol

Gosh, so far I hate Windows 7. What a pain in the ass. It keeps telling me I need administrative rights for things, but I am listed as administrator.

·
Registered
10,307 Posts
Not sure what the problem is. Just sent a test email to the kelrobin address with two weblinks embedded.

Windows Live Mail drove me nuts for a while, finally adjusted to it. Change is so hard when you get older.

Not sure if you ever ventured into Vista. If you did, Win 7 is a huge improvement. 7 is more stable than XP, a lot faster if you have enough RAM. Learn a little more about it every day. MS has really tried, and is continuing, to address security issues. Have you downloaded all the updates? There are a lot of them.

·
Registered
10,307 Posts
If the message has been blocked, or judged to be restricted, there will be a narrow bar across the top of the message (usually yellow) that will indicate the restriction and give you the option to release it.

·
Registered
29,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm back on the old computer. Now the stupid new one won't even load properly. I'm so frustrated that I'm about to throw $1200 into the smurfin' snowbank.

·
Registered
29,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Maybe tomorrow. I'm not in the mood anymore today. I may ship the **** thing back and say the hell with it. The BSOD is better than what I've been going through with the new machine.

·
Registered
10,258 Posts
Boy, I feel your blood pressure rising.

I hate dealing with stuff like that, especially at home where I'm on dialup. Then you have to talk to the guys in IT India that have names like Dave, George, Bill. Right ;)

Computers are supposed to make our lives easier, but sometimes I think they could lead us to kill....

·
Registered
22,832 Posts
Laura. I feel your frustration. I have Windows 7 on my laptop. It is off right now because I am having issues with the Linksys router I bought. I took the laptop to work & it connected to the WiFi at work so it's not the laptop. I just ordered a new router. More darn money. But I had issues with Windows Live Mail. I made some adjustments & then I could open the links. I can't remember what I did though. I have Vista on my desktop....I don't like that either. I really liked XP. I hope you figure it out.

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
So far I'm not real impressed with Windows 7 either...I like to auto hide my taskbar, and its checked, but the **** thing doesn't go anywhere. Pisses me off. I want to stab it in the eye.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.