Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
12,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Simon will make his debut tomorrow in Open A. He's competing on Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

If you wouldn't mind, please send good thoughts that his handler will remain very calm and very cheerful and upbeat!

We had a run-through last night, and I tried to make darn sure it was the most fun thing ever for him. And...he did GREAT! If he does what he did last night, we might just Q. I think the key is keeping it very loose, no-pressure, and talking to him a lot between exercises as though he is the greatest thing since sliced bread. Happy-happy-happy seems to get the best from him.

Anyway - if you have some good thoughts to spare, please send them our way this weekend! I'll update each day on how it goes. :)

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
Wishing you guys lots of luck for that big old green ribbon!

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
Fingers and toes crossed for good news on Monday!

Go-Simon!/Go-Connie!
Go-Simon!/Go-Connie!
Go-Simon!/Go-Connie!
Go-Simon!/Go-Connie!

·
Registered
6,118 Posts
Good luck, Connie and Simon! You'll both do great - just don't inhale any hotdog slices.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
You can do it!!!!
:D

·
Registered
12,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Melissa - GREEN is my favorite color.

Ursula: Great advice for me. I actually did inhale a small piece of hot dog last night in practice, and I coughed for 15 minutes! I may need to keep the hot dogs out of my mouth tomorrow. :p

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
Good luck wishes from us, too! :)

·
Registered
10,258 Posts
Good Luck. Hope that you bring home 3 legs and a new title!:)
And I'd love to hear your play by play commentary too, so be sure to post when you get back!!

·
Registered
574 Posts
Good luck to you both. Its easy to say "relax and have fun" and sometimes hard to do. We're rooting for you and Simon.

·
Registered
12,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Go kick some booty Simon.........and make sure it isn't your mom's booty. :)
That made me laugh!

Good Luck this weekend! What do you mean a "green" ribbon? Don't you get a blue ribbon if you win??
That made me smile! :D

I will most definitely have a full report (hopefully a good one) tomorrow afternoon! The class starts at 11:45, and there are 12 dogs. I guess I'll be home around 2? Simon is the last dog all three days, unless my friend Ann gets moved to the end. Either is fine with me...I'd like as little time as possible between our run and stays.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts