Just Labradors banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I measured Rowan from the paw up to where here leg meets her shoulder - I think .. .LOL... and measured 17" is she REALLY short?? Will she grow more?? UPWARDS??

·
Registered
7,913 Posts
Remind me how old she is??

I think mine were mostly down growing height wise at about 12 months. They grew really quickly until they were 6 months and then slowed down a lot from there on. I remember Murphy at 6 months...I thought "Oh, he is going to be HUGE". Now he is a whopping 60lbs at 4 years. ;D

·
Registered
2,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Trickster said:
Remind me how old she is??

I think mine were mostly down growing height wise at about 12 months. They grew really quickly until they were 6 months and then slowed down a lot from there on. I remember Murphy at 6 months...I thought "Oh, he is going to be HUGE". Now he is a whopping 60lbs at 4 years. ;D
Rowan will be 9 months on the 20th of April. So is she 'short'??

·
Registered
2,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Okay, I didn't measure her right...>LOL...... I will get my dh to help me this week and get an accurate reading. Thanks. ;)

·
Registered
8,330 Posts
This is going to sound really funny, but, speaking from experience, did you have the yard stick going in the right direction? I thought I was losing my mind the first time I measured Caleb- he was only 15 inches tall. Then I realized I had the yardstick upside down! :laugh: He was actually 22 inches then.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm kinda curious but, how big was Caleb at 9 months? Reason why I ask is because I think my dog is too short. He is 6 months and is 19'' (properly measured) and 42 lbs.

·
Registered
6,716 Posts
I'm kinda curious but, how big was Caleb at 9 months? Reason why I ask is because I think my dog is too short. He is 6 months and is 19'' (properly measured) and 42 lbs.
Sounds right to me, he still has soem time to grow.

·
Registered
7,797 Posts
welcome to the board. in the future it is better to start a new threat, this one is from 2007!!

He may still grow a few more inches in height, and then "fill out" for awhile after that. your best guess is to talk to the breeder about how big the parents are

1 - 12 of 12 Posts