Just Labradors banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
22,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I guess I have no worries about her desire or drive..but this one is not like our other two. We were out training tonight in the field behind our house. Kate was in our fenced yard. Neighbors have the same type of fence as we have, we share the part between our yards. So Abby is out with me & I am running her on the marks Dave is throwing. Kate is barking, not happy at having to wait her turn. Next thing I hear is Dave yelling for me to turn around. There is Kate in my neighbors yard at the fence. :mad2: She jumped the fence. None of our other labs ever even attempted to jump the fence. This girl is giving me more grey hair. Even with the fence, they are never out alone. What a little **** she is. We checked her out, not a scratch on her. I guess there will be more training on not even getting up on the fence.

·
Registered
5,336 Posts
Ha! She must be your 3rd?? Our youngest (and #3 dog) gives us a run for our money. I always tell her that it's a good thing she is so cute.

Will Kate respect the fence going forward?

·
Registered
11,990 Posts
Oh boy! Glad mine are not that driven. My shepherd once zipped open a screen to jump out a window (about 8 feet off the ground) to follow me when I went walking down the street without her.

·
Registered
22,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Anne - That is what we are worried about, you know, once they know they can do something. Actually Kate is our fourth lab. But she is just so different. Maybe I forget she is only 8 1/2 months old....but she too is giving us a run for our money. We should have known. At the breeders, when we went to see her all the pups were out. They were about 6 weeks old. A couple came down to the lake where we were. When they were called to eat they all ran back to the breeders house, not Kate....she stayed with us. Then when we were on the porch she came around to the front and layed by the porch with us. Independent little girl I think. I always tell her it's a good thing she is so darn cute.

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
Ut-oh! Naughty little Kate! :D

·
Registered
457 Posts
Toby is gonna give me grey hairs .......................he thinks this whold 5 acres is just for him and he can go where ever he pleases .............i will probably lose 20 pounds just chasing him around ...........the fence will be up in a couple of days ....................hopefully that will slow him down ...........and he is just 4 months ...................good thing he is cute .................

·
Registered
9,429 Posts
When they were called to eat they all ran back to the breeders house, not Kate....she stayed with us. Then when we were on the porch she came around to the front and layed by the porch with us
That's amazing. Even then she somehow knew she belonged with you.
She really has the enthusiasm. Once she learns she's not allowed to jump the fence, you will not have a problem.
I hope you can keep her down long enough to heal.
Wishing Kate a speedy recovery.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
What a little **** she is.
That made me snicker! We have one of those too, his name is Frankie.

Be a good girl, Katie!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts