Just Labradors banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
13,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I'm ready to buy a wii for me and hubby to play. I'd like wii fit, two controllers and sports resort.

What should I look for? Somebody told me I needed numchucks and some controller motion thingy. I have no idea.

·
Registered
6,548 Posts
The Wii will come with one remote/controller and one nunchuck. You'll want to buy an extra one of each. Sports Resort may come with the remote. I know it comes with the motion plus thingy. We don't have one of those. They first came out with the Sports Resort so I don't know anything about them.

·
Registered
13,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So I need one extra controller and one numchuck. And I do want the wii fit with the board. so it's that motion thingy that I'm not sure of, if I need another one.

·
Registered
13,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh, I also so a game pack on amazon for $29.99 that has a ping pong paddle, golf club, steering wheel, sword, and some other things I'm not sure about. It looks kind of cool. But I'd have to buy two, right?

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
we have both wii fit and sports resort. have two controllers, two nunchuks and two motion plus' and a balance board. love 'em both. sports resort is definately more physical. havn't used wii fit much since getting resort. the only time the balance board gets used anymore is when my daycare kids want to use it for another wii game, ummm its some kind of wabbits tv game show they have to race and steer using their butts on the board.

·
Registered
13,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Maybe I won't get wii fit right away then. Just sports resort. And then we'll see about that later. Thanks!

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
it really depends on what you are looking for? the fit program is more for fitness, keeps track of your progress so thats good. the resort game is very physical and tons of fun. i really like them both. oh one other recommendation, get the rechargable battery packs for the controllers!!! you will thank yourself for those.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
I think all the advice you have been given is GREAT so far! We are newbies to the Wii too, we bought it for ourselvs for christmas, we have the resort, which we LOVE & two of the pinball games, Gotlib & Williams classic pinball arcades. We really like both pinballs they are very different & I love a good game of pinball. They are both like you are really playing a real machine. We play the resort a TON, I am still trying to get all the hidden fruit in the archery! lololl We are going to pick up the recharable battery packs on our next trip out & about...we are just about through our big pack we got @ christmas. A word of advice, be sure to wear your hand strap, it is very physical!

·
Registered
13,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks everybody! I will certainly get the rechargable battery pack. I know we would love the pinball game too.

·
Registered
4,543 Posts
I love the Wii! I have the Fit Plus, Biggest Losers, Active, Active more workouts and the Golds Gym Cardio. Up until my hip started hurting (not related to the Wii) I used them several times a day. Several of the exercises are in my Physical Therapy routine and I'll proably start back up again. I also have the Sports Resort and like that very much.

If anyone is inclined toward hunting games, the Cabella's 2010 Big Game Hunting game is a lot of fun

Games I would not buy; Deer Drive, and 30 Great Games: Outdoor Fun.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
If anyone is inclined toward hunting games, the Cabella's 2010 Big Game Hunting game is a lot of fun
I heard this was fun & have thought about getting it. I used to love the old "duck hunt" video game.

·
Registered
740 Posts
We just got the Wii Fit with balance board today. Good luck finding one! Nintendo went down to one factory for the whole US and it takes 30 days to get the shipments over here on the boat (that's what the guy at game stop told me, anyway!) I happened to get very lucky this morning...2 had come in to Wal Mart and I just happened to catch it. The other one sold before I left the electronics dept! I think the Wii may be in short supply as well. It is a lot of fun, though. The kids love it!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts