Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wifes mad, the dogs are ganging up on her! Too funny!

Our garden looks like hell since we adopted Zoey. Merlot was bad enough, but Zoey chews EVERYTHING! She has broken all the gazzing balls, bird baths, chewed the tops off most the flowers and chewed the ears off the ceramic dear and racoons :eek:. Anyway, I'm at work and my wife calls me, says the dogs are ganging up on her, ploting against her! She said both dogs were sleeping in the sun in the back,( picture enclosed), so she sneaks out quietly to do some petunia and daisy planting. While she is on her hands and knees in the garden, Zoey comes running over and knocked her down and kissing and licking her face as my wife lies flat on her back. Then Merlot runs over and grabs her shovel and runs away with it. Sharon, my wife, gets up and starts chassing Merlot, and Zoey grabs her hoe and runs the other way with it! After about 15 minutes Sharon retrieves the tools but is out of the mood to finish gardening and calls me to vent. I wish I would have been there with a video camera ;D Here's our garden before two dogs:
Here's our garden now:

·
Registered
9,503 Posts
Re: ;D Wifes mad, the dogs are ganging up on her!

:-X trying not to laugh too much...they look like such complete :angel:'s

That after pic is prettyyyy bad lol I think Sharon needs a bottle of wine and a nice long soak while you make dinner and do the dishes :D

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Re: Wifes mad, the dogs are ganging up on her! Too funny!

:eek: Uh oh... not THOSE two angels??? :angel: Look how innocent they look in that last picture!!! ;D

We've been 95% sucessful at teaching "out" and "out of the garden" to Jake. He walks all around them now! The occasional time he DOES go in a garden is generally when a butt tuck is occuring! ;D

Y

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

TOO FUNNY!

[attachment deleted by admin]

·
Registered
281 Posts

I love to start my day with a laugh.....I have an idea....for mothers day from (the labs) why dont you install a cute little picket fence with a gate around the gardens:)

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

alpenalab said:
.I have an idea....for mothers day from (the labs) why dont you install a cute little picket fence with a gate around the gardens:)
That's a good idea...I wonder how long it will take my dogs to dismantle the picket fence! ;D

·
Registered
21,482 Posts

Sorry. Had to laugh - same thing happened at my house. Never been the same since.

·
Registered
6,990 Posts

Sorry I had to laugh at that story. Poor Sharon!!

·
Registered
28,830 Posts

Oh man. How sad. Here is what I would do. Leave the lilacs, remove everything else, install goal posts at opposite ends of the garden. Get yourself a black and white striped shirt and referree's whistle.

*thweeeet!* Let the games begin!

·
Registered
1,772 Posts

ROFLING..I'm sending along a picture of what WE had to do, to keep Dakota from eating every living plant in our garden, of course he's still working on pulling out all the grass..well..what grass we have left now, since we can't fertilize or do weed killing stuff...anyway..we spent one day putting up this crappy fence around our raised border. We salvaged our rose bushes..they're coming back..and some but not all the ground cover is hanging on..fun huh! See picture of lovely fence......
Jackie

·
Registered
16,472 Posts

I had to laugh too. What a difference when you have dogs. LOL

We don't have a garden, for that reason. Our yard where the dogs play is just grass. (We do have 2 rose bushes but they leave them alone)

·
Registered
13,529 Posts

I feel so bad for laughing, but I couldn't help it, especially after your story of her getting mugged with kisses so the other one could steal the goods! Priceless!

·
Registered
7,664 Posts

Oh man, laughing yet feeling bad for you here, too. There's quite a difference between the before and after pics.

I love that they made off with her tools. "Stop fixing the garden, mom! We just got it how we like it." ;D

·
Registered
5,336 Posts

Oh, man. Your garden pictures...I can totally relate! I think they were trying to help her out! :D

·
Registered
233 Posts

I can totally relate. I used to have a nice pond in my back yard now it looks like a bomb crater with water in it. And they jsut love trampling on anything that grows. Sheesh!

·
Registered
281 Posts

I can relate to the getting knocked over. For some reason Axls favorite place to sleep is in my closet which he doesnt fit into anymore and he moves around and stands up knocks the clothes all of the bar. well i was bendingover to pick him up he thought since i was down at his level it was play time, came at me and knocked me over and kisses kisses kisses. I will have to post a before and after pic of my closet when he comes out one time.

·
Registered
1,965 Posts

Well look at the name. You chose Zoey and my Zoey keeps me on my toes. She pulls off some capers too!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts