Just Labradors banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
9,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Read the second sentence. lol. Had to read it 3 times thinking. ??Since when.

Bone
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
For the tissue, see Osseous tissue.
This article is about the skeletal organ. For other uses, see Bone (disambiguation) and Bones (disambiguation).

Drawing of a human femur.Bones are rigid organs that form part of the fucking endoskeleton of vertebrates. They function to move, support, and protect the various organs of the body, produce red and white blood cells and store minerals. Bone tissue is a type of dense connective tissue. Because bones come in a variety of shapes and have a complex internal and external structure they are lightweight, yet strong and hard, in addition to fulfilling their many other functions. One of the types of tissue that makes up bone is the mineralized osseous tissue, also called bone tissue, that gives it rigidity and a honeycomb-like three-dimensional internal structure. Other types of tissue found in bones include marrow, endosteum and periosteum, nerves, blood vessels and cartilage. There are 206 bones in the adult human body[1] and 270 in an infant.[2]

Contents [hide]

I posted to a couple of friends and Wickipedia have fixed it now.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
LOLOLLLL!!!! :D

·
Registered
16,129 Posts
There are people who go in and deface Wikipedia in subtle and not-so-subtle ways, often to great comic effect. There was a delightful article about it in the New York Review of Books a while back. Excerpt:

On December 7, 2007, somebody altered the long article on bedbugs so that it read like a horror movie:

Bedbugs are generally active only at dawn, with a peak attack period about an hour before dawn, though given the opportunity, they may attempt to feed at your brain at other times.
A few weeks later, somebody replaced everything with:

BED BUGS MOTHER FUCKER THEY GON GET YO MOTHA FUCKING ASS
:D

·
Registered
16,129 Posts
This reminded me of the early days of "social media," about ten years ago, when sites like Amazon first started allowing feedback, reviews, etc. A group of wonderful pranksters wrote phony Amazon reviews. The best ones were for Family Circus collections. Unfortunately, they're lost to history, but I Googled "Family Circus Amazon reviews" and found that someone had saved some:

What Does This Say? (Paperback)

~ Bil Keanehttp://www.amazon.com/What-Does-This-Say-Keane/dp/0345470303#
Bil Keane (Author)
Visit Amazon's Bil Keane Page
Find all the books, read about the author, and more.
See search results for this author
Are you an author? Learn about Author Central

(Author)

7 of 7 people found the following review helpful:
Handbook for Hegemon, December 1, 2004
Reviewer: Red Bill (Columbus, Ohio, USA) – See all my reviews

In this age of global struggle for peace and sustainable modes of living for all, the unwary may well greet "What Does This Say?" with a smile or at least a brief nod of affirmation. One cannot help but come to this book primed with hope: Have progressives committed to achieving a just and equitable society by any means necessary finally found a popular author willing to challenge the oppressive cultural systems that perpetuate the hegemonic discourse of violence and ownership that brutalizes all of humanity? The title coyly suggests that Mr. Keane has indeed joined arms in our struggle by challenging the overbearing constructs of "author," "reader" and even the fictive, pernicious notion of "book." Clearly Mr. Keane is asking us to embark on a de-centered, collaborative relationship exploring the pressing question "What Does This Say?"

Yet it soon revealed that the title is itself the grimmest of jokes, the twenty-first century equivalent of "Arbeit Macht Frei." Taking stock of Keane's intellectual forebears, one can only conclude that he is most indebted to Joseph Goebbels, for what is this book if not the embodiment of "The Big Lie"? Posing as the avatar of innocence, the book is in fact a handbook for global domination. In the panels purporting to represent the circuitous routes of "children" on their way "home" we find so brazen a road map for imperialistic adventure that Cecil Rhodes, if he could, would blush. With panels depicting "grandpa" in "heaven" Keane takes the intellectual superstructure of global oppression to heights unseen since the dazzling, castrating cathedrals of medieval times. Opiate of the masses, indeed! Contrary to the claims of others insufficiently grounded in critical, revolutionary thinking, "Ida Know" and "Not Me" are in fact nothing more than representations of those false leaders who pretend to represent the interests of the people, but are in truth coopted by the very power system they pretend to assail and which uses these pawns to sow doubt and confusion in the minds of workers struggling to make a living in this poisonous system of radical redistribution of wealth from the people to the plutocrats (e.g., Ida Know why Big Pharma sold toxic chemicals as "medicine" that killed "grandpa," but don't worry, now he's in "heaven.") Yet what is most shocking is that Keane does this not to raise revolutionary consciousness but rather to dull the minds of the oppressed and in this regard his work is best analogized to alcohol. For those interested in pursuing this avenue further, I highly recommend "How to Read Donald Duck: Imperialist Ideology in the Disney Comic" by Ariel Dorfman and Armand Mattelart.

As for Mr. Keane and his ilk, take heed. When the revolution comes, all that is solid will indeed melt in the air! In closing, I must stress that this review pertains only to the hardcover edition.

·
Registered
10,719 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
I want to know why that didn't paste here as smurfing. I want to talk to... to.... who do we talk to around here? I want to talk to them. Yes I do. YEP.

*whining* I WANT THAT TO BE SMURFING.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts