Just Labradors banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone seen this musical? We saw it on Saturday night in Los Angeles and loved it. I just bought the book -- have heard mixed things about the book.

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
dare1969 said:
It's a good show. I know the girl playing the Witch in the tour.
The one playing the witch in Los Angeles (not sure if this is part of the tour or not) is a woman named Eden. Is that your friend?? Either way, she was great!

·
Registered
3,026 Posts
One of the things I wanted to do in my life was see Idina Menzel as Elphaba before she left the show. I adore her. And I love Wicked.
But being up here in booneyville, that was pretty much not going to happen unless I won a ticket to either New York or London. All expenses paid
I'm so glad you enjoyed it :)

·
Registered
6,666 Posts
I've been wanting to see it, just haven't bought tickets yet (LA, also). Thanks for the review!

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
bibber said:
I've been wanting to see it, just haven't bought tickets yet (LA, also). Thanks for the review!
They just added more tickets as the show has been extended to January 2008. There's a chance that my sister will be here for the summer -- if she is, I'm going to take her to see it.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I just saw it at the Apollo Victoria when I was in London a few weeks ago. One of the absolute best shows I have ever seen. I LOVED it. ;D I'd like to see it about 100 times just to 'catch' all of the little references as to why things are the way they are in the Wizard of Oz.

·
Registered
4,144 Posts
I read the book, and while it was an interesting story, it could have been written better. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed it (summer reading, pretty much my last book before the little monkeys arrived), but it was just missing something in the writing. If you could borrow it from a friend, or from the Library, all the better.

D

·
0 Posts
Derf said:
dare1969 said:
It's a good show. I know the girl playing the Witch in the tour.
The one playing the witch in Los Angeles (not sure if this is part of the tour or not) is a woman named Eden. Is that your friend?? Either way, she was great!
the one I know is Shoshonna Bean.

·
Registered
7,129 Posts
Love the book, love the music, would LOVE to see the musical! Son of a Witch is an awesome book, too. I can't wait until he comes out with the next one!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts