Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was fuming / crying / shaking / pissed off Saturday night. Now I'm laughing about it, considering the source, but still.

Jeff is our next door neighbor, we used to be very close to Jeff and his wife but have drifted apart over the last 10 years or so. Still though, when I see them we're always friendly and wave to eachother. I haven't had any real interaction with Jeff in years though, other than waving as we pass eachother in the street, or see eachother at the store. My husband still sees him and talks to him when they're all hanging out at our friends house down the road.

So Saturday, my husband was hanging out with a bunch of guys at this other friends house. Jeff was there, as were about 4 other guys. Jeff walks up to my husband casually, and tells him that he sees me every single day at the liquor store around 11 a.m., buying booze and piles of scratch-off tickets. "You know, since the lay-off 2 months ago", he said. It's like he wanted us to get into a fight or something, knowing that we never fight. You know...like he's going to get Paul to think I've been hiding the fact that I got laid off, and I spend my days drinking and scratching lottery tickets.

WTF?!

I barely know Jeff anymore and he's trying to start ****. Oh and he said this whole thing loudly so every heard. :mad:

·
Registered
8,376 Posts
I dunno... in Australia that would just be considered mucking around and having a joke. I wouldn't have taken it seriously. But as i said, that's here so I don't know .... Did he say it like he was serious?

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
What a smurfing jerk! I would confront him and tell him he is a liar and a trouble maker, and ask him what the hell he thought he was going to accomplish with that bullshit!

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
Sounds like a busybody w/too much time on his hands. Needs a firm MYOB (to quote Dear Abby, who may be much too genteel for this situation, in which case the message can be changed to MYOFB!)

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sarah, he was dead serious. My husband thinks he's on crack.

When Paul told me this Saturday night, I picked up the phone 4 times to call and confront the *******, but Paul stopped me. Said I was just going to start more trouble and to just let it go (again, considering the source).

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Did Paul ask him what he's doing at the liqour store everyday at 11?
Well no, Jeff does go to the liquorstore everyday. We all know that. When he's not working, he's got some sort of rum or vodka concoction in his hand.

·
Registered
8,376 Posts
I agree with Kelli. It's pretty random.

if he was having a laugh to make light of the situation then that's fair enough but to say what he said deadpan serious is just bizarre. And confronting him might make the situation worsse but come on, how is it ok how it is now anyway? I'd confront him. I'd prefer to get it out in the open so he knows that being stupid behind your back is not a good idea.

·
Registered
10,307 Posts
Okay! The guy is an ass. (Unless you have been in the liquor store. ;) )

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Random, exactly. He reached up far to pull that one out of his ass.

I'm going to confront him. I have to let him know what an ******* weirdo he is!!

·
Registered
11,990 Posts
I think he needs confronting. There has to a be a cost and consequence to him for spreading rumors and making trouble.

What did your husband say when Jeff told this lie to the group?

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I think he just said "WTF are you talking about? She didn't get laid off, *******", and the subject was changed.

·
Registered
6,666 Posts
That's just weird. Sounds like Paul had the right response, but I can't wait to hear what excuse he comes up with if you confront him!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts