Just Labradors banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
26,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
PALATKA, FL -- Ronald Cummings and his 17-year-old girlfriend, Misty Croslin, now have a marriage license and can tie the knot legally as early as Thursday.

With a license in hand, the two have to wait three days to get married since they haven't received any pre-marital counseling. This means on Thursday, the couple can have a ceremony with either a minister or with the clerk of the court.

The couple obtained the license Monday, one day after Cummings, 25, asked Croslin to marry him.

The big moment took place Sunday night at a Chili's restaurant in Palatka with several family members around them.

Croslin said yes.

Outside the Putnam County Courthouse where Croslin and Cummings went Monday to get the paperwork for a marriage license, Croslin showed off her ring.

Misty said she was surprised and cried when Cummings proposed to her.

She also said it was something they had been planning for a while.

Croslin's mother, Lisa Croslin, said, "They've been trying to get me to do this for five months now. And I told them you need to wait until you're 18. But now that everything's been going on and people have been trashing them, I'm going to let them do it. I know they love her...Haleigh, and they love each other."

Misty twisted the photo of Haleigh which hung around her neck and told reporters, "Everybody will know I love Haleigh and Ronald and Junior, and we'll be a family."

Misty said every day gets harder because Haleigh is still missing.

"Everybody's probably going to take this marriage thing the wrong way but it's not," said Croslin. "Everything's still focused on Haleigh. This is what Haleigh wanted. She's always talked about it."

Croslin said Haleigh even called her "mom."

·
Registered
5,211 Posts
So she cannot testify against him in court??

I'm feeling a little cynical about this.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I have to agree, who the hell could be thinking of getting married at a time like that??? Not a grieving parent, that's for sure.

·
Registered
26,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes she was just on tv. She lives in a different town not too far away. Reward is up to $35,000.

I pray they find her.

·
Registered
11,990 Posts
I thought that spouses could not be compelled to testify. That does not prevent them from doing so willingly - NO?

Maybe they will get married on Jerry Springer.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts