Just Labradors banner

Why doesn't this surprise me??

685 views 17 replies 11 participants last post by  jzgrlduff 
#1 ·
#2 ·
I could never understand why any reputable company would use a guy who looks as whacked-out as this dude for their pitchman. The first time I saw a Sham Wow commercial, I thought it was a spoof, just because he looks like a carney character.

#7 ·
I think thesmokinggun.com picked it up first. After that, things get sent out in all different directions and it's amazing how the links can turn up.

You have aggregaters like fark.com or drudgereport.com, as well as many others that do nothing but compile links. It's like the story over the spy network the Canadians discoverd. I think I first saw it on Drudge, which referenced articles by the New York Times and the Globe and Mail.

#8 ·
Thanks, Nick. I checked out those links ... not really *news* as such. (No mention of our PM visiting the US?) But I guess that's where the ShamWow guy and the Fox report on the reality show comes into it. :rolleyes:

I like Google News Canada or Yahoo News Canada. :)

#9 ·
Well none of them write their own content, they just link to other news cites. Yahoo and Google do the same thing. I think a lot of people get their news from places like that. I know my Google homepage has a section from the NYT, AP, Reuters, and Google News. Fark is more of an entertainment thing. It does have some serious news links, but a lot of times focuses on the odd and ironic stuff. They usually have some funny one-liners describing the articles. But yeah, most foreign dignataries visiting the US aren't all that newsworthy, unless Putin decides to stop by.

#10 ·
I could never understand why any reputable company would use a guy who looks as whacked-out as this dude for their pitchman.
In this case, he's not a pitchman. He OWNS the products. Apparently he was trying to make it as an actor when he saw an infomercial one night and say "hey, I can do that". He bought the patents to some products and became a millionaire virtually overnight.

And now he's putting his tongue in skankmouth.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.