Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
8,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, so lately Milly has started to drool. Usually it's when we are eating something that smells good... the drool starts and is uncontrollable! It's very funny but she looks so pitiful at the same time!!! Like we starve her or something. If you make her wait for her meals a bit too long... the drool starts then too. Or a special treat.... It's not excessive but it's definitely a new thing around here!

Anyone else have a drooler? :laugh:

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Check out the January/February issue of Just Labs Magazine. The chcocolate boy featured on the inside cover and in the Drool Story is our Marshal. He's a double dribbler.

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
Champ is a champion drooler! ;) It's usually both sides. Buddy will often lick the drool off Champ's face. He drools most of the time, but when there is food involved, it's just ridiculous.

·
Registered
8,657 Posts
Emilu is a drooler - not all the time, but sometimes there's an incredible amount from lip to floor. It's usually if she's been waiting awhile for whatever we're eating.

·
Registered
216 Posts
all three are double droolers. If I don't make them back up when eating something I end up with wet pant legs....very gross in the summer with shorts. Drives me crazy!

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Mckenzie is my drooler. Whenever we're eating, cooking, whatever, if she smells it she's drooling.

·
Registered
10,664 Posts
one drools, one doesn't. We never feed from the table or the plate so they don't get in our face when we eat. Maggie will lie patiently in her spot drooling like there's no tomorrow. Daisy just lies there doesn't care at all.

·
Registered
8,472 Posts
Puff does somewhat -- occasionally more so than at other times. Sometimes I munch on a Costco jar of mixed nuts while driving and Puff always wants me to share (which I do, giving her cashews while I search for the hazel nuts, almonds, Brazil nuts, etc.)

Puff rides in the front passenger seat (seat back reclined) of our Accord coupe. One recent time, as I was munching and not quick enough in giving Puff her fair share, a string of drool descended from one side of her mouth and landed in my cup of tea in the console between the seats (ruining the rest of it for me).

Bess was a veritable Niagra Falls wherever/whenever food was around. I trained Bess very well in some things but she was resistant to any training around food. A doggy/baby gate was the only effective solution for when we ate. Otherwise, she put her muzzle on your (and others') thigh while you were seated, eating, and thoroughly soak them.

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
Rhys is not an efficient swallower, as his lymph nodes in his neck are quite big. so he doens't drool, he leaks. Its gross, but there's not much, except having him wear a bib or towel, that I can do.

·
Registered
6,118 Posts
Oh yes. Both do. Chamois is slightly more discreet, but Toby sometimes looks like he ate a shoe and the laces are still hanging out.

·
Registered
8,793 Posts
Baloo will only really drool waiting for his dinner. I put them in a sit/down stay and he gets "shoelace syndrome". :laugh:

When training with treats he gets a little drooly but not to the point where it will fall.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts