Just Labradors banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am NOT a Star Trek person, but I think I'll go. Supposedly it's a Star Trek for the non-Trek people. (J.J. Abrams has gone on record saying he wasn't a fan.)

And it IS J.J. Abrams after all. Don't know that I can pass that up.

·
Registered
13,418 Posts
i have mixed emotions. while i am a trekkie, i don't think i can bring myself to watch new ST movies.

i have yet to see any of the new star wars movies. only the originals and i like it that way.

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
i have mixed emotions. while i am a trekkie, i don't think i can bring myself to watch new ST movies.

i have yet to see any of the new star wars movies. only the originals and i like it that way.
This is a prequel. Leonard Nimoy was on the Today show the other day and they were talking about it. He has a small part, and meets up with his younger self in the movie. I want to see it.

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
I'm in. I just need to find a nerdy guyfriend to go with. There's no way Eileen would go.

I liked the original series and the first films (athough the first one was DREADFULLY S-L-O-WWWWW). Never got into Next Gen or any of the other iterations.

·
Registered
13,418 Posts
i know, jackie. i may eventually see it, but for now i don't think so. i didn't even start watching enterprise until it went into syndication. i'm glad i did, though, because connor trinneer is brutally hot. :cool:

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
I'm going on Monday right after work. I want to go sooner, but I have other commitments for my time until then. I heard that it is a great movie whether you're a Star Trek fan or not. If you like action movies with FX, then it's supposed to be quite good.

·
Registered
6,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It is a prequel, but at the same time it's a "reboot". It means they didn't get caught up in worrying if one of their plot points contradicted something in one of the other countless episodes or movies. So, if you're way deep into Star Trek and care about continuity, there may be some things that bother you about it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.