Just Labradors banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am SO relieved. For the last month or so sam and I were really worried we wouldn't be able to afford to move on May 8th from Flagstaff, AZ to St. Louis, MO. But he called me yesterday to let me know that he was approved for a $1,500 loan, so all our worries are over! I am soooo relieved. I am finally able to get excited about the move instead of worrying about it. I set up apollo's doctors appointment to get his heartworm medication, we got a new crate for apollo, we have the ferrets set up and ready to go in their travel cages, we've packed half of our stuff up, and we put a ball and hitch on the back of our Ford Bronco. All we have to do is clean the apartment, check me out of my dorm room, and load up the u-haul and come Tues, May 8th we'll be ready for the 22 hour drive back to St. Louis. This is all coming together, I'm sooooo relieved.

·
Registered
4,802 Posts
Road trip! How long will you be incommunicado?

Have a safe trip, and don't forget to stop and let poor Apollo pee occasionally. ;D

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks guys. I hope all goes well. I just don't wanna get pulled over. Can you imagine what the cop would think when he looked into the back of the Bronco and saw 10 animals? lol! OMG that would NOT be fun.

Momma to J and A, its a 22 hours drive. But that 22 hours includes an extra 3 hours for potty breaks for apollo, meals, etc. I can't help b/f drive cuz I don't know how to drive a stick :-\ So he's the one doing all the driving. Oh and did I mention....we are doing this all on our two year anniversary. NICE....lol. We should be in St. louis by our anniversary (May 9th) and hopefully we'll get all the animals settled and then we can go out to dinner or something. i'm just worried we are gunna kill each other during the ride lol. The cats WILL NOT shut up they are just gunna keep meowing the whole 22 hours (just like they did when sam drove out here with them) so this should be reaaalll interesting lol. I'll be sure to film little clips of our car ride...I think ya'll can appreciate the madness lol

·
Registered
4,802 Posts
Apollopuppy said:
we are doing this all on our two year anniversary.
We drove to Alaska for our two year anniversary. It took three weeks. It was great for bonding! ;D

Have fun!

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
lol, how many animals were with you during the drive? We are screwed cuz there isn't a single motel that will take 10 animals so we are gunna have to drive straight there or sleep on the side of the road omg. lol

·
Registered
4,802 Posts
Apollopuppy said:
lol, how many animals were with you during the drive? We are screwed cuz there isn't a single motel that will take 10 animals so we are gunna have to drive straight there or sleep on the side of the road omg. lol
HAHAH NO animals. Are you kidding? :p

I can't imagine that would would be able to find a hotel that takes that many. Are they all loose in your car? You must have some of them in cages, right?

I bet you'll find some really deserted areas that you will drive though. Maybe you can learn to drive a stick on your way there. It isn't hard as long as you don't have to deal with steep hills, and once you get up to speed and get it in fifth gear, it is just like driving an automatic.

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Momma to J and A said:
Apollopuppy said:
HAHAH NO animals. Are you kidding? :p

I can't imagine that would would be able to find a hotel that takes that many. Are they all loose in your car? You must have some of them in cages, right?

I bet you'll find some really deserted areas that you will drive though. Maybe you can learn to drive a stick on your way there. It isn't hard as long as you don't have to deal with steep hills, and once you get up to speed and get it in fifth gear, it is just like driving an automatic.
Two cats will be together in a puppy size wire crate. One cat will be in a cat carrier. The ferrets are in their cages and apollo will be sitting in the back with them

I wanted to learn how to drive stick, but my b/f is terrified I'm gunna burn out the clutch(?) or something like that in the middle of nowhere and then we'll be stuck with 10 animals and no cell phone reception mwahahaha.

·
Registered
10,664 Posts
Good luck and happy trails !

My wife and I love long road trips! We've had some interesting trips in our life, one included projectile vomiting from the kids in the back seat. Life's an adventure!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts