Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
21,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the journey to brightness:):) With every day we will see just a few more minutes of daylight- Awwww!

·
Registered
10,664 Posts
Good! I thought I was the only one looking at the upside of 22 December. Don't get me wrong I love the winter but working from dark to dark gets old.

Around here, in middle February, people get cabin fever and start shooting at household appliances. Knowing that we are adding daylight keeps me from doing the same.

·
Registered
8,657 Posts
I'm with you - this year the time change seemed to hit me particularly hard. I'm finally just getting used to it and am getting a few things done in the evening instead of just wanting to go to bed at 8pm. Looking forward to a little bit of extra light.

·
Registered
10,307 Posts
What does that mean for us Aussies? Does it get darker here?
Yes it does, but you are enjoying your summer for a couple months, while we deal with snow and cold.

·
Registered
8,376 Posts
i dont think we even notice

tomorrow is going to be ridiculously hot here so I dont mind it getting darker sooner!

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
Bring. It. On.

It thrills me to know that each day forward, we're closer and closer to the time when I can pop out of bed, zip on a pair of running shorts and sneeks, snap on Wes' leash, and fly out the door for a morning walk.

As opposed to the present ordeal: Stumble out of bed in the dark, layer on 2,593 pieces of clothing, find and operate a flashlight, tromp through the snow...

·
Registered
12,573 Posts
Bring. It. On.

It thrills me to know that each day forward, we're closer and closer to the time when I can pop out of bed, zip on a pair of running shorts and sneeks, snap on Wes' leash, and fly out the door for a morning walk.

As opposed to the present ordeal: Stumble out of bed in the dark, layer on 2,593 pieces of clothing, find and operate a flashlight, tromp through the snow...
^^ :D SO true!

....and then when you get home, brush of all the salt/grit from the puppers feet.

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
dude!!! who owns 2,593 pieces of clothing?? ;)
Someone whose winters commonly feature a wind chill of single-digit temps.

·
Registered
8,376 Posts
oh. Well.

That's not ME!!!!!! woohoo!!!!! But the idea of that much clothing is totally appealing. I wonder what percentage of that I could use to add to my shoe collection?!?

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
Curse you, Northern Hemisphere!!!!!

·
Registered
8,376 Posts
hehe.... you know you live in an awesome country when you can basically sleep nekkid all year round without assistance of electric blankets, air con, hot water bottles etc...

·
Registered
10,719 Posts
Dan it's not cold till the wind chill drops below -15F, geez what a wimp.

·
Registered
10,719 Posts

·
Registered
10,719 Posts
I can think of a couple of reasons!!:rolleyes:
:D:D

Well thanks a lot for not remindin' me, my Druid priest is really mad at me for missin' it.:eek:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts