Just Labradors banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found these little guys while exercising Po down by the lake. They're very skittish. I haven't been able to lure them to me yet, even with bacon and hot dogs. I set a trap this morning and I'm going back to check it in a few hours ... But seriously, who would leave these little guys in the cold to freeze?

·
Registered
702 Posts
Could they be feral? Maybe the mama moved them to a new "den"? Either way thats great that your trying to lure them to safety. If they were abandoned it was probley by one of the most cold hearted human beings on the planet :(. They are really cute though.

·
Registered
4,824 Posts
SawyerAndMe990 said:
If they were abandoned it was probley by one of the most cold hearted human beings on the planet :(.
I was going to say anyone that can do that is a heartless *******!

People like that need to be stripped down to their skivvies or better yet, buck-ass naked & left to live in the same conditions as the puppies.

·
Registered
13,529 Posts
I really hope you can get them - especially the one with the collar on, otherwise his fate is going to be more horrible then the cold they are enduring at present time.

Many good luck thoughts and prayers that you are able to snag the little guys. Do you have an animal shelter that could devote time to catching them too?

·
Registered
6,645 Posts
That is so sad. The rescue I work with just took in 8 puppies (about 6 weeks) who were found in a box in the road.

·
Registered
12,420 Posts
Lexis Mom said:
SawyerAndMe990 said:
If they were abandoned it was probley by one of the most cold hearted human beings on the planet :(.

People like that need to be stripped down to their skivvies or better yet, buck-ass naked & left to live in the same conditions as the puppies.
AMEN!!!

·
Registered
702 Posts
M. Tornado Puppy said:
SawyerAndMe990 said:
Could they be feral?
One of them has a collar on.
*Face Palm* well I feel like an idiot. Lol well then lets just go with my second statement. In my defense that collar really blends in and it was 5am lol.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Still no luck, maybe. When I got back to the trap in the late morning, there was evidence that a puppy had been trapped ... but there was no puppy inside the trap.

The front trap door was triggered and all the food was eaten. Yet the back of the trap was open: in order to do this you need fingers. Maybe someone took a dog? My buddy staked out the trap for a while today and some old guys came by with puppy chow while he was there. They've been feeding the pups for almost a month they said.

I've spent 2 days trying to get these little boogers. I also contacted a no kill shelter.

I reset the trap today and had no luck, but they've been eating like kings for a couple days now. Now I have to work all week -- 12 hour days minimum -- so I hope they make it till the weekend when I can try again.

·
Registered
11,446 Posts
Lexis Mom said:
SawyerAndMe990 said:

I agree. A$$holes!!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts