Just Labradors banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i got this little 8 week plan to condition you to run two miles and it may be interesting to do it together

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
8 weeks girl eight! 2 would be crazy!

Week 1

M - Walk for 20 minutes at a comfortable pace. Walk at a pace that gets your heart rate up and makes you breathe heavier than normal, but you shouldn't be out of breath.

T - Walk for 30 minutes at a comfortable pace.

W - Walk for 30 minutes at a comfortable pace.

Th - Walk/Jog for 30 minutes. Walk for 5 minutes then jog for 30 seconds. Follow this sequence for the entire workout. Don't run for more than 30 seconds at a time and run at a pace that is fairly comfortable.

F - Rest.

S - Same workout as Thursday

S - Walk/Jog for 30 minutes. Walk for 5 minutes and Jog for 1 minute.

Pretty simple week I think

·
Registered
6,676 Posts
There is a program called couch to 5K....and I was considering that, but right now, I am just happy as hell getting in 6 minutes of running during a 27 minute treadmill stint. Eventually I will do a 5K (3.1 miles)

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
That looks like a fun plan. I think 2 miles is a great distance ... good workout, but not boredom inducing. ;D

I run some days by myself (with the stroller, to the playground and back), and other days with my exercise group. By myself I usually do 2-3 miles. With the group, we run short distances while stopping for other types of exercise (resistance band exercises, pushups, abs, etc.).

Good luck ... before you know it, you'll be running like the wind. ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts