Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
11,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As a spinoff from my new friends thread I was thinking about this. Who is your oldest friend? How did you meet and why are you still friends?

My oldest friend is Jason. We sat next to each other in 7th grade English. I had a huge crush on him and used to "correct" his spelling tests. Over the years we've crushed on each other back and forth through highschool, but nothing ever really came of it. Then I moved to CT and we lost touch for a couple of years.

Then I moved to NYC and had a dream about him one night and called his dad and got back in touch. He came to NYC and he and my now husband hit it off famously. They are best of friends. And though he and his wife live in MA and we're back in CT now, we talk once a week and get together every few months.

We've know each other for 25 years now. :)

Jason is on the left in this pic...I'm in the pink. We're sophomores:

Jason and his wife Amy up in Maine:

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
My oldest friend is Diane. We met on the bus in Kindergarten. We moved to NH together, she was in my wedding, we were pregnant at the same time, etc. She now lives in NC, but will be coming to visit me next month!

We are always at each others family events.

Our kids are also friends, which is neat.

·
Registered
13,489 Posts
My oldest friend is Suzanne. We went to school together, all her brothers and sisters and my brothers and sisters. She ended up being my parents' neighbor and when I moved two hours away she kind of took over watching out for them. She still does. I love her so, she's my soul mate.

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
My oldest (and best) friend is Ange. We've known each other since we were 3 years old! We grew up together, went to school together, and she is a physician and married and living 2 hours from me. She's the sister that I never had! :)

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
Tracy. We've been BFFs for 25 years now.. we met playing Ringette when we were 10.

·
Registered
4,020 Posts
Cheryl...Our mom's were friends while preg with us and we have been friends from day one! She lives in So. Calif and I am in NJ but we e-mail and call at least once per month. I love her with all my heart.

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
For me: Hm. Labby, I guess. At 108.

·
Registered
13,524 Posts
Tammy - We met when she moved next door to me when we were 3. We went through school together, left for college together, were roommates in college and lived together until I got married (she got married shortly after). Since we were 3 years old we have never lived more than 10 miles apart. Currently we live 1/2 mile apart. Our husbands are best friends; we had our first 2 children at the same time and they are best friends. I stopped after 2, and she had 2 more. Our dogs are best friends too. It seems a little sick when it all out and black and white :eek:, but she is my soulmate and I love her! I don't know what I would do without her. :D

·
Registered
21,715 Posts
My Husband for sure! It will be 32 yrs. in Oct., 28 married in Sept. and counting. He is my best friend, who I still to this day would rather spend my time with then anyone else! He makes me laugh like nobody else, he is the one I go to talk to when I need a sounding board and he is the first one to tell me too " buck up" or let me cry, which ever is needed! I truly trust him and I can say that about only a handful of people.

·
Registered
4,824 Posts
I would say my oldest friend is Kim. We met in the 4th grade at the Catholic Elementary School. We went to the same high school together & even though we don't talk as frequently as we used to, we remain friends.

·
Registered
3,026 Posts
Jodi.
Know her since we were 6 months old. She's my sister, whether we are blood related or not! :)
My Mom and her Mom met in swimming lessons (for us!), and we've been inseperable ever since! Her younger sister and my younger brother are the same age and are also best friends. They've known eachother even before they were born basically! Haha!!

This is 4 years old but it's the only picture I have uploaded on this computer.

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
That would be my best friend, Bernie, who I've known about 30 years. We worked for the same company and then became roommates after my first divorce. (gosh that sounds horrid) LOL
We have been through most all of life's ups and downs together.

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
Betsy. We met the first day of high school, September 1964. She lives in Chicago and now we maybe talk or see each other two or three times a year, but we can always pick up where we left off.

·
Registered
8,812 Posts
Kathy is my oldest friend. I first met her when I moved to a new school during the 3rd grade in 1956. We were very close all through school and one day a year after we graduated she asked me to ride up to her Aunts house 2 hours north of Pgh. Her Grandfather lived with his daughter, Kathy's aunt, and she wanted to visit him. Her cousin Jerry was home from college that weekend. Jerry and I hit it off right from the moment we met and married a year later! Now Kathy and I are relatives!!

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
My oldest friend? without a doubt. My Mom. (RIP Mom, I love you and miss you everyday). My Mom was the best friend anyone could ever ask for. She was there for me all my life. She let me be me. She always walked a step behind. She let me shine. I've had a few friends along the way whom i do love and cherish, but none like her. None. She taught and shared everything. She taught me how to be a good friend, and I do hope that my friends feel that way about me.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts