Just Labradors banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
21,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Or what ever the heck her name is! Does she think none of knows anything about vaccinating or pups and over vaccinating, havent we been discussing titers for years now! :confused::confused:

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
she posts on many dog forums about vaccine awareness. I don't mind because some may not be as educated but I do hope new people to dogs discuss all health issues, including vaccines with their vet. I would hate for an outbreak in dog diseases because of a scary vaccine-cancer link.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Not new, been posting for over a year at the old forum. Nothing wrong with a different point of view.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
I get emails from her, too. I guess because my address was public on the other forum.

·
Registered
8,472 Posts
Kris has been posting on JL and other forums for over a year.

Her (Lab ?) died as a result of a reaction to too frequent vaccinations so she and her husband have taken it on themselves, as an active memorial to their beloved pet, to inform people of the dangers of yearly vaccinations and in support of every 3rd year vaccinations or obtaining titers to see if further vaccination is warranted.

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
As I said in my other thread, I wouldn't have a problem with Kris, if her posts were clear and not just repeats of partial (selective) quotes from papers, implying that some organizations endorse practices which they clearly do not. I'm all for less vaccination, but when you imply that AAHA agrees with waiting until 16 weeks to vaccinate puppies - that's just lying.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
How can that be "just lying" when all the source references are given along with the excerpts???

People, dogs, cats, horses, swine, cattle and whatever, have been on earth for thousands of years now, of which we and our critters are proof. The vast, vast majority of that time there were no such things as vaccines as we know them today. Various plagues came and went; and the survivors (those that did not catch "it" or survived "it") lived on to reproduce descendants that were genetically immune to "it".

·
Registered
16,129 Posts
How can that be "just lying" when all the source references are given along with the excerpts???
Ummm, if you provide a source and then imply that that source says something different from what it says, that is at least dishonest. In the academy, it can get you censured or fired if proven to be deliberate.

People, dogs, cats, horses, swine, cattle and whatever, have been on earth for thousands of years now, of which we and our critters are proof. The vast, vast majority of that time there were no such things as vaccines as we know them today. Various plagues came and went; and the survivors (those that did not catch "it" or survived "it") lived on to reproduce descendants that were genetically immune to "it".
Right, just like antibiotics are recent inventions. Also anticancer drugs. Things were much better before Westerners with their "science" and "medicine" just went and ruined the natural order.

I'm just really unclear on the logic here. So if a vaccinated dog develops a rare vaccine reaction, that's a tragedy. But when an unvaccinated puppy dies of parvo, that's nature improving the species?

·
Registered
7,129 Posts

Sources can be manipulated and used to perpetuate a bias. Would you say everything in one of Michael Moore's documentaries is fact? He has sources, he has interviews, he has statistics. It's selective facts.

I hope if you or one of your family ever gets bitten by a rabid animal you choose to die of the disease rather than subjecting yourself to a vaccine/treatment. It's Darwin at his best, right?

And while there is some truth to disease resistance being inherited, survival of the fittest is not quite so cut and dry. Lots of people have died of tuberculosis, smallpox, measles, plague, etc....and I'm pretty sure if an un-vaccinated person were exposed, they would still get it and die even though these diseases have been around for hundreds of years.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
I never said that life was better back then - I simply implied that 'life went on'...

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
Ummm, if you provide a source and then imply that that source says something different from what it says, that is at least dishonest. In the academy, it can get you censured or fired if proven to be deliberate.
Exactly. Thank you :)

·
Registered
21,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks, I really do appreciate the info., guess I missed her posts on the other forum. As far as Sammi goes she is completely immunized- I just gave her, her 3 yr. booster- from now I will have her titered, except for the Rabies which we have gone to the every 3 yr. schd. in our state and she will receive for licensing! I want her protected, but do not want her over immunized- for me this is the best way to meet that.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts