Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
5,211 Posts
Not me!!! It's snowing now, but nothing to write home about. Unless it keeps up all day long, then maybe we'll have an amount worth talking about. lol

·
Registered
4,287 Posts
I;m home, so far we have about 4-5 inches and it hasn't snowed in about 2 hours. We are expecting lots of wind and much more snow this afternoon.

·
Registered
13,489 Posts
We woke to six more inches and it's still snowing. It's supposed to get worse as the day goes on. The wind is going to pick up and blow the snow around. My daughter's area was just jumped from winter storm warning until 7PM to blizzard warning until 4AM. She just got done shovelling the twenty or so inches they got the other day.

·
Registered
8,330 Posts
I wouldn't say we're snowed in. Ken's already been out to Ledgewood for a job interview and back. We've got about 5-6 inches. It's snowing agian after a lull of about 20 minutes, but nothing earth shattering. Looks like, once again, we aren't going to get dumped on like was predicted.

·
Registered
13,130 Posts
We have 8 or 9 inches. I am working from home today. Just because I can make it in, doesn't mean I should. I have 4WD but I value my life more than going to the office.

·
Registered
4,364 Posts
Totally snowed in! We got over 10-15inches overnight into this morning. Its coming down pretty hard still. I think we are closer to 20inches if not more right now. Around 7:30am or so it picked up the rate. I believe the weather man said we've been getting anywhere from 1.5-2inches an hour. Its soooo windy too now. THe snow drifts are not helping. The governor told us to all stay home. Only emergency vehicles and plows are allowed to be on the roads atm. There's no way my car is getting out of my driveway and on to the roads :nono:

·
Registered
13,130 Posts
Totally snowed in! We got over 10-15inches overnight into this morning. Its coming down pretty hard still. I think we are closer to 20inches if not more right now. Around 7:30am or so it picked up the rate. I believe the weather man said we've been getting anywhere from 1.5-2inches an hour. Its soooo windy too now. THe snow drifts are not helping. The governor told us to all stay home. Only emergency vehicles and plows are allowed to be on the roads atm. There's no way my car is getting out of my driveway and on to the roads :nono:
Where are you?

·
Registered
13,524 Posts
I think we got about 10 inches. Not enough to snow us in, just slow things down a bit. My kids have been out shoveling snow off the pond for about 3 hours, they like to keep their hockey ice clean. :)

·
Registered
4,824 Posts
I;m home, so far we have about 4-5 inches and it hasn't snowed in about 2 hours. We are expecting lots of wind and much more snow this afternoon.
:smow: :smow: :smow: :smow:

Same here, but the snow just started back up again. The wind is picking up as well.

We were upgraded from a "Winter Storm Warning" to a "Blizzard Warning" early this morning.

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
Everything in Baltimore is closed. As Buckyball said, we had 30 inches on the ground before this second round; now we've added at least 10 inches with more to come. However, I can still see our cars! There's so much snow that crews are dumping it into the Inner Harbor since there is no other place to put it! City roads are down to a lane and a half. It's a mess. Titan and Moses, 4-month yellow lab, are having a blast!

·
Registered
4,364 Posts
Two of the three states I cover are VA and MD and it seems a lot of libraries are closed today.
Yeah I dont think anything is open around here today.The winds are now picking up big time. The snow falling is slowing down. brrr! I so dont feel like going out to shovel my drive way *sigh* :shocked:

·
Registered
4,364 Posts
Everything in Baltimore is closed. As Buckyball said, we had 30 inches on the ground before this second round; now we've added at least 10 inches with more to come. However, I can still see our cars! There's so much snow that crews are dumping it into the Inner Harbor since there is no other place to put it! City roads are down to a lane and a half. It's a mess. Titan and Moses, 4-month yellow lab, are having a blast!
Yeah...I think the dogs are the only ones enjoying being outside in this!

·
Registered
4,543 Posts
I got about a foot of snow. Barely made it home last night and it snowed quite a bit after. My driveway is about 1,000 feet and I hand shovel it, so I am not going to work today! I have tomorrw off anyways, so I hope to get it totally shoveled by Thursday night when I go to dog class (takes about 9 hours of shoveling). The dogs love it! The sun is shinning, so really it is quite pleasant out. This morning I was shoveling in a t-shirt!

·
Registered
11,079 Posts
Called the plant hotline this morning and it is open for essential personnel only, so I get to work from home (along with thousands of others) so I keep getting booted off or frozen, so not really getting much done. Got about 4-5 overnight, then it was sleeting but it really started to snow again about 2 hrs ago. Snowing pretty heavily. While I was typing this, I heard a big "wa-lump" from outside and went to check if a tree came down. Didn't see anything. I think the winds are starting up and blew a big wad of snow out of a tree. Visibility is going down too. I could barely see my neighbor's.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts