Just Labradors banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just looking for general information about the louisville, ky area.

have some questions about the area please let me know if you are from there.

thanks for any help in advance.

·
Registered
5,765 Posts
Not from here (I grew up about 1 1/2 west of Louisville), but I currently live here for school. There are a few others on this forum that have lived here a lot longer than I have, but you can PM me if you have some questions and I'll see what I can do.

·
Registered
6,054 Posts
I've lived here for a long time!! A very, very long time!! LOL What kind of info were you interested in?

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
I didn't live there, but I lived in Lexington for three years. We used to save our money (students) and go to eat in Louisville at the most wonderful delicious seafood place I've ever been to. Can't remember the name of it now. It cost $25 per person 20 years ago and was a buffet. Oh, man, it was soooooooo good........
And for those who don't know, it's not Louis-ville, it's Lu-i-vul. ;D

Frances

·
Registered
5,765 Posts
Sam I Am said:
I didn't live there, but I lived in Lexington for three years. We used to save our money (students) and go to eat in Louisville at the most wonderful delicious seafood place I've ever been to. Can't remember the name of it now. It cost $25 per person 20 years ago and was a buffet. Oh, man, it was soooooooo good........

Frances
Did you go to UK?

·
Registered
6,054 Posts
Sam I Am said:

Frances
I think you must be talking about New Orleans house. They opened downtown in the mid 70s--then later opened New Orleans East on Shelbyville Road. They did have a wonderful all you can eat seafood buffet for one set price.I don't know how they did it, but you never got that mushy, been on the warmer too long texture or taste. They would come through the dining room with their specials right out of the oven and serve them at your table. At the end of the dinner you had your choice of a lobster or steak, cooked to order. Yum!!
Unfortunately they closed down over ten years ago.

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Sorry, just seeing this again.

No, I didn't go to UK but did work there while SU went to grad school.

YES, it was the New Orleans House. Oh, dayum, I'm sorry to hear they closed. They were truly the best seafood I've ever had!!!!!!!!!

Frances

1 - 9 of 9 Posts