Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I lost 25 lbs. 2 years ago doing weight watchers. I have put back on about 13 of it. I want to lose it back by my birthday...11 weeks...so say at LEAST 11 lbs. that is extremely possible if i get with the program.
okay; so just getting it in writing so you all can know if i fail to do this i will be accountable!!!! ;)

·
Registered
15,206 Posts
I'm not "dieting" but I am trying to lose a few pounds.

I keep fluctuating between 160-170 lbs... thankfully I have a bit of a goal to work for... it's possible that after 4 years of sitting in my closet unused, my bridesmaid dress from my best friends called off wedding might actually get some wear! (I might be going to a Scottish Country Dancing Ball in May... I hope I hope I hope)

·
Registered
11,362 Posts
I swear I put on 5 pounds over vacation. Starting over today. I want to lose 10 lbs before Pete's 40th birthday party...which is May 16. I may have to lose a limb to do it....:(

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
I lost 10 lbs a few years ago with South Beach. I'm back up those same pounds so am watching what I eat (mostly by avoiding bad carbs) and am getting back into some running during Corby's walks. I'm too cheap to buy a whole new wardrobe :rolleyes: Good luck with your goal!

·
Registered
8,657 Posts
I need to lose at least 40 lbs, preferrebly 50 lbs. I've been diagnosed as borderline hypertensive, and have joint issures with arthritis - I think I can do it this time!

·
Registered
3,514 Posts
I lost over 100lbs on WW a few years ago. Sadly I gained 30 back. I am trying like hell now to get that back under control.
If fact I just sat down to eat a Kashi frozen entree. It was the Mayan Harvest Bake. YUMMO!!! 7 WW Points.
If you like spicy and like vegetarian (I am so not a vegetarian but I try to eat one meatless and one fish meal a week) dishes this was really good. Better than I had thought it would be for sure.

·
Registered
7,129 Posts
I need to seriously do something. Easter candy is my weakest link....I have promised myself only 1 piece a day. I need to lose weight so I can have a b-a-b-y (maybe Denny won't see this tread, ha!)

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
What kind of diet - the kind where you inhale what's ever in your way? If that's the case, then count me in.:eek:

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
I lost over 100lbs on WW a few years ago. Sadly I gained 30 back. I am trying like hell now to get that back under control.
If fact I just sat down to eat a Kashi frozen entree. It was the Mayan Harvest Bake. YUMMO!!! 7 WW Points.
If you like spicy and like vegetarian (I am so not a vegetarian but I try to eat one meatless and one fish meal a week) dishes this was really good. Better than I had thought it would be for sure.
My problem with those entrees is that they are not quite enough for me. At 6'1" I need the man-size portions to be satisfied. :( Maybe if I start having a salad or cup of soup before every meal that will help me fill up.

I need to lose ~100 pounds to be around my college weight. More like 125 to be where I was in high school at a size 12, but that was a bit too thin for my frame.

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I need to probably lose 30 heck even 40 lbs. But I'm gonna give myself small goals so I don't get overwhelmed.
Not gonna go with any particular "diet" this time, except maybe a version of WW. Just gonna eat more veggies and fruits and get my buttocks on that treadmill. Heck I obviously have trouble walking dogs without falling; let's hope I can stay on the treadmill.

·
Registered
10,636 Posts
I need to probably lose 30 heck even 40 lbs. But I'm gonna give myself small goals so I don't get overwhelmed.
Not gonna go with any particular "diet" this time, except maybe a version of WW. Just gonna eat more veggies and fruits and get my buttocks on that treadmill. Heck I obviously have trouble walking dogs without falling; let's hope I can stay on the treadmill.
:eek: please be careful!!!!

·
Registered
6,548 Posts
You don't even have to be middle-aged. As soon as I hit 30, my metabolism took a nose-dive. Although I also have hormonal issues that make my body think I need to hang onto to every calorie I ingest... JOY.

·
Registered
29,548 Posts
Diets don't work. You're only going to lose weight if you use up more calories than you take in. The problem with Jenny Craig, WW and the rest is once you reach your goal and go off of them, you normally don't maintain the weight.

Get out of your chair and start moving. Join a gym if you can. If you have Comcast, they have great FREE exercise programs in their On Demand section.

One of the reasons why I don't drink beer or wine anymore is that they are empty calories. I watch what I put into my mouth these days. As much as I love beer and wine, it's not worth it to me.

Try to eat more protein. I'm not talking doing Adkins. Protein builds muscle and leaves you less hungry than eating carbs.

I lost 40 pounds not by dieting, but by working my ass off and watching what I ate. I still ate whatever I wanted to a point, just less of it. I don't deprive myself anything. That creates cravings.

It takes a lot of will power to stop at one or two bites of a candy bar or a piece of cheesecake.

Don't set goals of losing 40-50 pounds. First lose that extra 5 pounds. Then when you're feeling good about that, add another 5, then another 5. Know you'll have good days and bad days. Don't say, "oh screw it" and go on a binge. Start over.

Remember it's much more difficult for women to lose weight and set realistic goals. You might never fit into those skinny jeans again.

I'll never be a size 8 again. That I'm no longer a size 20 is good too. :)

1 - 20 of 43 Posts