Just Labradors banner

White House Unbuttons Formal Dress Code

724 views 27 replies 17 participants last post by  kaisdad 
#1 ·
#4 ·
Whatever makes him comfortable. His office, his rules.

I did laugh a little at the part about how he has maintained the longstanding tradition of weekly lunches with his vice-president. So that would be exactly one lunch at this point? Does one constitute maintaining a tradition?

It'll be interesting to see how it evolves. Will he still be wandering into other guy's offices a year from now?

#5 ·
But Mr. Obama tends to roam the halls; one day last week, he turned up in the office of his press secretary, Robert Gibbs, who was in the unfortunate position of having his feet up on the desk when the boss walked in.

“Wow, Gibbs,” the press secretary recalls the president saying. “Just got here and you already have your feet up.” Mr. Gibbs scrambled to stand up, surprising Mr. Obama, who is not yet accustomed to having people rise when he enters a room.
LOL! :laugh:

That whole article makes Bush sound extremely uptight and "Presidentish". :D Why not let the WH staff be casual when it's just them? Who cares, what's the big deal?

#13 ·
Warm enough to grow orchids? I wonder how high he cranked the heat up?

"We can't drive our SUVs and eat as much as we want and keep our homes on 72 degrees at all times ... and then just expect that other countries are going to say OK," Obama said. "That's not leadership. That's not going to happen," he added." -- Barack Obama

#15 ·
zoesmom said:
Maybe he'll have Aloha Fridays.... :laugh: :D :D :D

we'll see people in their aloha shirts and muumuus. :D

in fact, one of our senator's wife (Senator Akaka) wears muumuus in DC
Probally serve Spam sushi at luncheons. ;) :vomit:

#17 ·
delmonico said:
zoesmom said:

LOL!!! Glen, I'm waiting for you to come to Hawaii and I'll make sure you get a spam musubi or two.

#18 ·
I Like Ike said:

"We can't drive our SUVs and eat as much as we want and keep our homes on 72 degrees at all times ... and then just expect that other countries are going to say OK," Obama said. "That's not leadership. That's not going to happen," he added." -- Barack Obama
That doesn't mean THEM......just the rest of us bad, spoiled americans.......don't you know your place?

#19 ·
zoesmom said:
delmonico said:
zoesmom said:

LOL!!! Glen, I'm waiting for you to come to Hawaii and I'll make sure you get a spam musubi or two.
Nope, no Spam for me. :vomit:

#20 ·
gundogpa said:
I Like Ike said:

That doesn't mean THEM......just the rest of us bad, spoiled americans.......don't you know your place?
Maybe he's bought carbon credits. :sleepy: Have him look in the closets, maybe Jimmy left a sweater or two behind. :laugh:

#21 ·
gundogpa said:
Reagan wouldn't even go into the oval office without his jacket on.....he felt it was disrespectful......we all know what Clinton did there........

Some folks take it seriously and others.....well not so much. ;)
So people choose to live in the past and others... well moved on from the 50s and looking forward.

I assume Reagan was wearing a jacket when he opposed the Civil Rights Act of 1964 [I know he was not president then], but he waas when he wanted to rescind the law that banned private schools that practiced racial discrimination from qualifying for tax exempt status. Wearing a jacket does make you look respectful while you try to disrespect a significant portion of our population.

#22 ·
Maple1 said:
gundogpa said:
Reagan wouldn't even go into the oval office without his jacket on.....he felt it was disrespectful......we all know what Clinton did there........

So people choose to live in the past and others... well moved on from the 50s and looking forward.

I assume Reagan was wearing a jacket when he opposed the Civil Rights Act of 1964 [I know he was not president then], but he waas when he wanted to rescind the law that banned private schools that practiced racial discrimination from qualifying for tax exempt status. Wearing a jacket does make you look respectful while you try to disrespect a significant portion of our population.
+1million - too lazy to type it out. :D

#23 ·
Maple1 said:
gundogpa said:

Which has nothing to do with what I said.

#24 ·
gundogpa said:
Maple1 said:
gundogpa said:

Well, lets all be friends here, I'm buyin' the Kook-aid. :laugh:

#25 ·
gundogpa said:
Maple1 said:
gundogpa said:

Really? Because you were pointing out which presidents showed respect for the office. And apparently you think Reagan did and Clinton did not. I just pointed out that Reagan also exhibited behavior that showed very little respect for the office.

#26 ·
Maple1 said:
gundogpa said:
Maple1 said:
gundogpa said:

Really? Because you were pointing out which presidents showed respect for the office. And apparently you think Reagan did and Clinton did not. I just pointed out that Reagan also exhibited behavior that showed very little respect for the office.
I'll type slow for ya.......you can disagree with any presidents policy or beliefs but that has nothing to do with their respect or lack of respect for the position.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.