1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
8,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
29,548 Posts
I'd declare jeans, t-shirts, flannel lounge pants, fleece tops as mandatory White House attire. Sure get dressed up when you've got someone coming over, but otherwise, be casual.

·
Registered
6,114 Posts
Whatever makes him comfortable. His office, his rules.

I did laugh a little at the part about how he has maintained the longstanding tradition of weekly lunches with his vice-president. So that would be exactly one lunch at this point? Does one constitute maintaining a tradition?

It'll be interesting to see how it evolves. Will he still be wandering into other guy's offices a year from now?

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
But Mr. Obama tends to roam the halls; one day last week, he turned up in the office of his press secretary, Robert Gibbs, who was in the unfortunate position of having his feet up on the desk when the boss walked in.

“Wow, Gibbs,” the press secretary recalls the president saying. “Just got here and you already have your feet up.” Mr. Gibbs scrambled to stand up, surprising Mr. Obama, who is not yet accustomed to having people rise when he enters a room.
LOL! :laugh:

That whole article makes Bush sound extremely uptight and "Presidentish". :D Why not let the WH staff be casual when it's just them? Who cares, what's the big deal?

·
Registered
9,781 Posts
Maple1 said:
I would have the women in 60s mini dresses and go-go boots. The men could wear whatever they want.
i'd wear that!

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
I really admire Obama for being such a family man. I'm sure its got to be hard to juggle all his responsibilities and I think its awesome that he is taking the extra effort to be with the family in the morning and at dinner.

·
Registered
16,472 Posts
Maybe he'll have Aloha Fridays.... :laugh: :D :D :D

we'll see people in their aloha shirts and muumuus. :D

in fact, one of our senator's wife (Senator Akaka) wears muumuus in DC

·
Registered
149 Posts
Warm enough to grow orchids? I wonder how high he cranked the heat up?

"We can't drive our SUVs and eat as much as we want and keep our homes on 72 degrees at all times ... and then just expect that other countries are going to say OK," Obama said. "That's not leadership. That's not going to happen," he added." -- Barack Obama

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
zoesmom said:

Probally serve Spam sushi at luncheons. ;) :vomit:

·
Registered
5,727 Posts
Reagan wouldn't even go into the oval office without his jacket on.....he felt it was disrespectful......we all know what Clinton did there........

Some folks take it seriously and others.....well not so much. ;)

·
Registered
16,472 Posts
delmonico said:
zoesmom said:

LOL!!! Glen, I'm waiting for you to come to Hawaii and I'll make sure you get a spam musubi or two.

·
Registered
5,727 Posts
I Like Ike said:

"We can't drive our SUVs and eat as much as we want and keep our homes on 72 degrees at all times ... and then just expect that other countries are going to say OK," Obama said. "That's not leadership. That's not going to happen," he added." -- Barack Obama
That doesn't mean THEM......just the rest of us bad, spoiled americans.......don't you know your place?

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
zoesmom said:
delmonico said:
zoesmom said:

LOL!!! Glen, I'm waiting for you to come to Hawaii and I'll make sure you get a spam musubi or two.
Nope, no Spam for me. :vomit:

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
gundogpa said:
I Like Ike said:

That doesn't mean THEM......just the rest of us bad, spoiled americans.......don't you know your place?
Maybe he's bought carbon credits. :sleepy: Have him look in the closets, maybe Jimmy left a sweater or two behind. :laugh:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.