Just Labradors banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Blue is ready to go out for her Junior Hunter. Question is...where and when? Obviously, it's going to involve travel for us any which way because none are in our backyard, but we'd like to minimize our spending if we can. She can possibly get 2 passes at our own club in July, but we'd like to run her before then.

Here's our options:
1.) May 26 & 27 in Duluth, MN- Pros: we have a friend in Duluth we could *possibly* stay with. Cons: Her dog Kirby doesn't get along with Shadow and Daisy can be a little bit of a handful, so Shadow and possibly Daisy would have to either stay kenneled in the truck or be boarded (about $60 for the weekend- drop-off Friday, Saturday, Sunday, pick-up Monday)

2.) June 2 & 3 in St. Croix, MN- Pros: Might be able to share travel expenses with fellow club member. Cons: Traveling to the Twin Cities, possibly boarding Shadow and Daisy due to space restrictions (i.e. there would only be room for the entered dogs).

3.) June 8-10 in Virginia, MN- Pros: Same as Duluth. Cons: Same as Duluth. Also, lose 3 opportunities to work at our own club- we need to work 2 days a year in accordance to our membership agreement, although there are other events this summer.

4.) June 16 & 17 in Sauk Rapids, MN- Pros: same as St. Croix. Cons: Same as St. Croix.

Ok, Masterminds, gather 'round!...Which one would you go out for given the options?

·
Registered
22,832 Posts
I know what you mean about the expense. We went to Gettysburg for a NAHRA event with Abby. It was a 3 1/2 hr. drive so we had to stay 2 nights. But we stayed at a Comfort Inn & both Molly & Abby stayed in our room.

We are going to Grove City this month for Abby to start on her JH title & we will only stay 1 night. I like to just get a room at a place that allows dogs in the rooms.

But we have to "pick & choose" our events also because none are close enough to drive & come home the same day. :(

Good luck in deciding which to enter. Would the price be about the same if you got a room & didn't have to board the other two dogs?

·
Registered
663 Posts
I am no help. My last hunt test fees were too much. I had to get a room for 2 nights, meals, 2 dogs entered and gas. I was 50%, Lucy passed on Saturday, but it was also her title and Gidget didn't pass on Sat but passed on Sunday. I too marshalled both days, a club requirement as well.

Do whatever is going to make you and your dog not so stressed out. And remember to have FUN ;D

·
Registered
165 Posts
GO U K C IT'S HUNTING ;D

DAKOTA HRC
June 2 & 3, 2007
REGULAR HUNT
LOC: Granite Springs LLC
PO Box 5
Alexandria SD 57311
Hunt Chairperson: Brian Hefti
7215 W Chesapeake Lane
Sioux Falls SD 57106
(605) 362-6211
[email protected]co.net
Hunt Secretary: Cindy Wollmann
26011 Middle Drive
Hartford SD 57033
(605) 941-3312
[email protected]

MICHIGAN HRC
May 27, 2007
REGULAR HUNT
LOC: Sunflight Kennels
4201 Faussett Road
Howell MI 48843
Hunt Chairperson: David Donovan
7863 Fuller Street
Brighton MI 48116
(810) 231-1740
[email protected]
Hunt Secretary: Diana Peacock
11555 Bellman Road
Grass Lake MI 49240
(517) 522-4862
[email protected]

;D :angel:

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
What is the latest that you can send in your entries? I'd be tempted to board Daisy and Shadow if need be (it would probably be better than staying crated all weekend- at least they'd have some extra room?) and get the first one(s) done in May... From there, you'll know more about how things will work out and can decide about the others?

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok, I just found out the DH is on-call the weekend of the Duluth test. I talked with my mom and she said we also have a family friend in Virginia we could possibly stay with. I also checked out the test premium and looks like they have camping (usually not too expensive to camp on club grounds) if all else fails (wouldn't bother me if we finally got to use our tent, lol!), so looks like we're probably headed to Virginia.

Thanks for the input everyone, greatly appreciated (it really was a tough choice)! Virginia, get ready for "The Blue", lol! :laugh:

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
Fantastic! Things just seem to have worked out perfectly for you! :) I love it when that happens. Good luck! I'll have my fingers crossed for you!

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Re: Which would you run?...UPDATE

Alright, yes another update- last one I promise, lol! DH pulled out the trump card on driving up to Virginia with the current gas prices, so we've opted for Sauk Rapids instead (only about 3 hour drive instead of 6, and they have a Motel 6 near by)...and yes, I told him he's not allowed to change his mind this time, lol! Now, if I can only convince the Event Secretary to open the entries on EntryExpress (she obviously has not been notified that the event has been Approved for *awhile*), we'd be set.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts