Just Labradors banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Corse I'm a nervous wreck like everyone else. I'm going to switch from Nutro to Proplan..but which one there's all kinds listed. Thanks!

·
Registered
440 Posts
I've got 2 on Lamb & Rice and one on Performance (which will be Chicken & Rice in the off-season). I thnk it really just depends on if your dogs have any sensitivities or allergies to any certain protein.

·
Registered
879 Posts
I have been feeding my puppy Pro Plan Large Breed Puppy Chicken and Rice. I thought it was safe but now this whole corn gluten thing, which this particular Pro Plan has in it. What the heck is next?? Scary!

·
Registered
9,503 Posts
We use the Chicken and Beef...Emma likes both, Aidan seems to prefer the beef.
Both dogs thrive on it and both of our breeders use PP

·
Registered
29,548 Posts
Right now I'm using the Chicken & Rice though in the past I also used the Beef & Rice.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Post a pic of what the bag looks like please? There's too many and it's getting cornfusing.

·
Registered
29,548 Posts
http://www.proplan.com/products/ChickenRice_DryDog.html

http://www.proplan.com/products/BeefRice_DryDog.html

Ingredients for Chicken:

INGREDIENTS:

Chicken, brewers rice, whole grain wheat, poultry by-product meal (natural source of glucosamine), corn gluten meal, whole grain corn, animal fat preserved with mixed-tocopherols (form of Vitamin E), corn bran, fish meal (natural source of glucosamine), animal digest, dried egg product, calcium phosphate, salt, potassium chloride, calcium carbonate, Vitamin E supplement, choline chloride, zinc sulfate, ferrous sulfate, L-ascorbyl-2-polyphosphate (source of Vitamin C), manganese sulfate, niacin, Vitamin A supplement, calcium pantothenate, thiamine mononitrate, copper sulfate, riboflavin supplement, Vitamin B-12 supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride, garlic oil, folic acid, Vitamin D-3 supplement, calcium iodate, biotin, menadione sodium bisulfite complex (source of Vitamin K activity), sodium selenite.
Q-4455

Ingredients for Beef:

INGREDIENTS:
Beef, brewers rice, corn gluten meal, whole grain wheat, whole grain corn, animal fat preserved with mixed-tocopherols (form of Vitamin E), poultry by-product meal (natural source of glucosamine), fish meal (natural source of glucosamine), dried beet pulp, animal digest, calcium phosphate, dried egg product, potassium chloride, calcium carbonate, salt, L-Lysine monohydrochloride, Vitamin E supplement, choline chloride, zinc sulfate, ferrous sulfate, ascorbic acid (source of Vitamin C), manganese sulfate, niacin, Vitamin A supplement, calcium pantothenate, thiamine mononitrate, copper sulfate, riboflavin supplement, Vitamin B-12 supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride, garlic oil, folic acid, Vitamin D-3 supplement, calcium iodate, biotin, menadione sodium bisulfite complex (source of Vitamin K activity), sodium selenite.
G-4469

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Thanks Laura. The corn gluten meal doesn't make you nervous?
Gawd, I hate this.

·
Registered
29,548 Posts
No I'm not nervous. Takes a lot to get me going anymore. All worrying does is make you sick.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Good point.

·
Registered
22,832 Posts
The girls eat ProPlan Chicken & Rice Adult. They do well on it. I called Purina again today.....got a man who was hired to answer the phones. He said they have had so many calls they hired people to answer the calls.
He said "Purina products are safe."

I am not going to switch foods......who knows what will be next. I will just watch my two very close.

This has been awful for all pet owners. :'(

G

·
Casey's also back on the Chicken and Rice and she seems to be doing quite well with it.

I had both my labs on the SS&S (salmon) for a couple of years. It really did a great job for my old boy Hershey's dry skin and white flakiness. Casey looked good on it, too, but it seemed like she smelled sort of strange so that's why she's back with the C&R.

I've fed Pro Plan for many years and have always been happy with how my dogs have done on it. I think for now I'm also just going to stay with it and but I do keep checking their web site for recalls every few days.

I sure hope all these recalls end soon! :mad:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts