Just Labradors banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
8,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I have a small, open concept living space with kitchen, dining room and living room. My wall colours are greens, with red as my accent colour and trim is white. My furniture is tan with espresso wood finish. My kitchen table WILL be espresso finish, when I get a job and can afford a new table!

I want to put something big and vibrant on my dining area wall, but do not want to spend a lot of moolah. Costco has two canvas prints I really like... help me choose which one. Keep in mind that this the dining area is not formal (its adjacent the kitchen, but not exactly IN the kitchen).

Flamenco Reds

OR

Share a Random Moment II

Both are the same (pretty darn reasonable) price.

·
Registered
8,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, the first one has a lot of greens in it, with the red, which would go well (I have a darker green on the bottom of a chair rail, lighter on the top).

·
Registered
4,020 Posts
I love the 2nd one! I think it would look great in a dining area. That said the 1st is nice also and the colors in your home sound like a good match. I guess I can't pick either...Let me know what you decide.

·
Registered
8,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I know - its hard to choose. I think the 2nd one is more dining-area appropriate too. And I do love my coffee... I do sometimes think of blood splatter when I look at it though... weird, I know.

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
I love the first one, and it's something that you can later move to a different room if you redecorate.

·
Registered
6,054 Posts
The first one!

·
Registered
8,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Darn it - I should have made it a pole! ;)

So that's 3 for #1 and 2 for #2...

I should probably ask my husband too... his vote MIGHT count for something.

·
Registered
6,054 Posts
Darn it - I should have made it a pole! ;)

So that's 3 for #1 and 2 for #2...

I should probably ask my husband too... his vote MIGHT count for something.
Only if he agrees with you.

I think the second one is nice--but better if was actually in the kitchen. You said that this is not exactly in the kitchen, so my vote is #1. Again.

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
I really like both of those and cannot decide. Would love to see photos of the winner hanging on the wall when you make your choice!!

I would like to buy both and switch them out depending on the mood of the moment. That's probably why I am often asked by the SU not to shop for home decor. ;)

·
Registered
6,114 Posts
I like the second one. I'm not much for flower pictures and the second one seems to have more character.

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
you know jo.. you can do what i do and spend hours on etsy.com and pick 30 and then not be able to decide and stomp away mad?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts