Just Labradors banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
TOO HOT! I'd love to go play with the dogs outside or do bits of much needed yard work but it's 103*F (real temp) right now. Not happening. Same tomorrow. Dogs aren't showing any interest in an outdoor romp, so that's good. They always check by poking their noses through the doggie door. Too hot or too wet (rain coming down) they back themselves up and find a cozy spot in the house.

Fine by me, guys!

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
Wow, Nance, we only have 90° and it's too hot for us. The humidity is almost that high, too, and it's a struggle to even breathe out there. The boys go out to potty and come right back in, panting.

Stay in and keep cool!

·
Registered
10,345 Posts
I hear ya. It was 88, 61% humidity and supposedly felt like 95. I think it was hotter than that. I am used to this and once I got the backyard mowed, I got the boys pool out, put some water in it and let 'em romp in it while I mowed the front. They like to lie down by the back door, which never gets any sunshine so its always cool. After getting wet, the cool concrete there feels good to them. But I think it is supposed to get up to 99 or 100 or so tomorrow. That starts getting too hot for me...

·
Registered
3,479 Posts
I hear you...if the work isn't done by 8am here outside it aint getting done. Today I think it got to 113F but we still have our low humidity the monsoon rain has not hit yet.

You know you live someplace hot when it 100% acceptable to mow your lawn at 6am on a Saturday or Sunday and none of the neighbors complain.

·
Registered
28,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I hear you...if the work isn't done by 8am here outside it aint getting done. Today I think it got to 113F but we still have our low humidity the monsoon rain has not hit yet.

You know you live someplace hot when it 100% acceptable to mow your lawn at 6am on a Saturday or Sunday and none of the neighbors complain.
Yes. That's when all the lawn mowers and weed eaters in my 'hood start revving up, then it's all quiet by 8:00 AM. Around 7:30 PM it starts all over again.

Already 83*F now!

·
Registered
3,915 Posts
TOO HOT! I'd love to go play with the dogs outside or do bits of much needed yard work but it's 103*F (real temp) right now. Not happening. Same tomorrow. Dogs aren't showing any interest in an outdoor romp, so that's good. They always check by poking their noses through the doggie door. Too hot or too wet (rain coming down) they back themselves up and find a cozy spot in the house.

Fine by me, guys!
I'm curious to see how Jes adjusts to that. It gets hot and humid here, but not that hot. Rarely do we top 100*. I guess we'll be out more in the mornings and evenings than during the day.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts