Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
She doesnt come on as often anymore. I think its job related. Shes more of an evening person now.
I miss her.

·
Registered
7,901 Posts
Hey guys.

I'm here a bit. I've been lurking sporatically the past few weeks.

We lost internet at work for almost a week and in that time I realized how much time I had been spending here - at the cost of work - so I have to cut back.

And I haven't been on much at home, because my aunt has been very ill. She's been in the hospital for 6 weeks. She was vacationing in St. Maarten, got what she thought was a stomach flu, came home, after a day or 2 she was so sick she was admitted to the hospital, was there for 5 days on oxygen, wound up on a respirator (by mouth then by tracheotomy and then mouth again) for the past 5 weeks. She's had double pneumonia, ARDS (acute respiratory distress syndrome), was quarantined due to them never figuring out what the hell was wrong with her, tested for all kinds of infectious diseases, more pneumonia, had both lungs collapse, cardiac arrest, blood clots, blood transfusions, kidney failure, dialysis, caught C-Diff from all the antibiotics, all while being sedated all this time and all while never really knowing what caused all this...After many many days of talking about this, yesterday the doctors all agreed that her lungs were so severely damaged that they would never recover, if she even survived all this at all, and that she'd need to be on a respirator the rest of her life and her quality of life would never be anywhere even remotely near the same. So the family honored her wishes and her Living Will and made the decision to remove life support. It took only 20 minutes for her to pass. She was only 68. It's been rough.

Thanks for asking after me.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Oh my gosh Denise, I'm so terribly sorry. That's horrible. :'(

·
Registered
6,845 Posts
Good grief Denise....that sounds so bizarre and horrible!! I'm really sorry for your family's loss.

(and I really miss seeing you around :( )

1 - 20 of 29 Posts