Just Labradors banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
28,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Two of my sisters are totally clueless. They can be very superficially nice, but clueless nonetheless.

Upon mentioning to Clueless #1 that I was having some difficulty arranging for a dog/house sitting person for four days in August, she telephoned Clueless #2 to share the dilemma. Clueless #2 sends me an email: "I'd be willing to bet you could load up your car with your pups and drive up to St.L. I know where you could board them..."

ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?!? She KNOWS I have 6 dogs! It's a freaking seven hour drive! Not to mention one dog being terrified of the car, one currently having dominance peeing issues, and then there is dear Flynn with his epilepsy. "Ooops! Sorry about that grand mal seizure while you were zipping down the highway at 80 mph, mom. It just snuck up on me."

Oh... and was I supposed to fit myself into the PaddyWagon, too? And maybe a piece of luggage? And water bowls? And toys? GAAHHHHHHHHHHH! CLUELESS! Two labs, two beagles, one border collie, one Lhasa. And we haven't even thought about the kitty yet!

Now, I relay all this by email to my Heart Sister. Her reply? "Yes, dear! Do hop into the little wagon with your six dogs and do have a nice trip. Try to let me know when you will be arriving and I will meet you with an IV of Scotch."

You can see why she is my Heart Sister. :D

·
Registered
220 Posts
You and the clan would look like a group of furry frat boys squeezing into the VW! I guess you'll have to trade in the Paddywagon for Laura's magic bus. Please take lots of photos! LOL!!!!!

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
Heh. IV of Scotch. I've had a need for that from time to time....

Hope all works out, Nance. If I were closer, I'd dog/catsit the pack *for* you and give a cheery wave as you drove off.....

·
Registered
8,330 Posts
..."Yes, dear! Do hop into the little wagon with your six dogs and do have a nice trip. Try to let me know when you will be arriving and I will meet you with an IV of Scotch."...
LOL That's something my best friend would say. Maybe she and your Heart sister are related. :)

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Sorry, that made me snicker! :)

Like Dan said, I would do it if I lived in the area.
Darnit.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
I assume you checked with your vet already, Nance? They should be able to recommend someone.

·
Registered
927 Posts
Nance

Is there anyone that you work with that is single and would stay at your house. I say bring them all to Kirkwood, but like you said that is a insane idea. Got to love when siblings are clueless. Hope you find a solution.

Hugs
Ginny

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
Two of my sisters are totally clueless. They can be very superficially nice, but clueless nonetheless.

Upon mentioning to Clueless #1 that I was having some difficulty arranging for a dog/house sitting person for four days in August, she telephoned Clueless #2 to share the dilemma. Clueless #2 sends me an email: "I'd be willing to bet you could load up your car with your pups and drive up to St.L. I know where you could board them..."

Now, I relay all this by email to my Heart Sister. Her reply? "Yes, dear! Do hop into the little wagon with your six dogs and do have a nice trip. Try to let me know when you will be arriving and I will meet you with an IV of Scotch."

You can see why she is my Heart Sister. :D
And is she offering to pick up the boarding tab for six dogs and one kitty? Of course, she's clueless about how much that would cost.

If I could, Nance, I'd love to house-sit for your pack.

I totally see why she is your heart sister, too.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts