Just Labradors banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Shane came home for lunch and for whatever reason (probably a mixture of my period hormones and just being cooped up in the house) I just NEEDED to get out and away.

He was sitting there eating and I calmly went and put on a pair of jeans, grabbed my purse and said "I'm going to go get soda" Phoenix immediately starts in "I want to go I want to go I want to go" I tell him "No, you stay here with Shane." "I caaaaan't" I just looked straight at shane and said "Mommy needs some MOMMY time." He just goes "Oh, okay." and nods. Then asks if everything is okay. "Yeah I just need to get out and breathe some fresh air without my ear being talked off for a few minutes."

I give Phoenix a kiss and tell him "I'll be right back, if you're good I'll get you lunch." "Okay Mommy! I'll be REALLY good!"

I drove down to the video store and rented Phoenix a 360 game to keep his attention for the afternoon, then drove to Wal-mart and picked up a 12 pack of soda, then right over to Sonic and ordered myself a route 44 DR. Pepper with Vanillia and got Shane a drink and Phoenix a whacky pack meal, then came home in a much more relaxed state.

Everyone was ecstatic when I walked in the door (You'd think I'd been gone for a week!).

Sometimes Mommy's need a break, sometimes I just wish I could get it for more than 10 minutes. :D

·
Registered
16,472 Posts
such a wonderful mom.

you deserve a month, especially after moving that fridge and fixing the dishwasher.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Nice!!! :)

·
Registered
13,130 Posts
All Mommy's need a breaK! I have a friend at work that never does anything without her kids. I shouldn't say never but very very rarely. You have to get away by yourself even if it's just for a pedicure.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
All Mommy's need a breaK! I have a friend at work that never does anything without her kids. I shouldn't say never but very very rarely. You have to get away by yourself even if it's just for a pedicure.
That's how I am. Rarely do I get away from Phoenix or Shane. Phoenix gets MAD if I go somewhere without him. Like when I have to take Lucky to the vet, she's such a handful because of her anxiety I just cannot handle both her and Phoenix so unless Shane's coming along, he has to stay home with Phoenix.

And then when I get home there's hell to pay. Crying and yelling and a bit of hitting at me.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts