Just Labradors banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So Stoli is 7 1/2 months old. She has done well on Nature's Recipe Large Breed Puppy Food. When should I switch her to Adult food?? And is Nature's Recipe ok to stay with or should I consider another food.

I have considered Kirkland, Call ofthe Wild, and Wellness. What do you think??

·
Registered
29,548 Posts
I switch mine at 3-4 months of age and NOT to a Large Breed adult formula. If Stoli is doing well on Nature's Recipe, then stick with that.

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
I switched Java to adult food at 5 months old, she was growing too fast on the puppy food and it was causing growing pains. Moka, at 8 months is still on puppy food. The reason being with her broken leg I wanted the extra nutrition, especially the increased calcium in the puppy food.
At this point, if I were you, I would start making the switch to adult food with Stoli. There's no reason to keep her on the puppy food any longer.

·
Registered
6,676 Posts
I switch mine at 3-4 months of age and NOT to a Large Breed adult formula. If Stoli is doing well on Nature's Recipe, then stick with that.
I agree with this.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I switched Java to adult food at 5 months old, she was growing too fast on the puppy food and it was causing growing pains. Moka, at 8 months is still on puppy food. The reason being with her broken leg I wanted the extra nutrition, especially the increased calcium in the puppy food.
At this point, if I were you, I would start making the switch to adult food with Stoli. There's no reason to keep her on the puppy food any longer.
Sounds about right. I got a 10 lbs of puppy food left. I guess ill start mixing it with adult soon.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts