Just Labradors banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You know how in a house with more than one female, they tend to sync up in their cycles? I'm just wondering if female dogs do the same.

I think Bailey *might* be going into her first heat. I noticed today her vulva was a little swollen. I also was informed over the weekend that a male shepard and male dachshund got into a scuffle in our yard. The owner of the shepard knocked on our door and was looking for the owners of the dach. Two males in our yard fighting? Could be coincidence, but I'm betting there is a reason.

Abby is 18 months and hasn't had her first heat yet. Would be awesome to have them both get it over with at the same time haha.

·
Registered
9,503 Posts
2 dogs in the yard fighting lolololol....umm yeah there is definitely something in the air!

I hope Abby comes in for you too...that would just make life way too simple though so Im sure that WONT happen!

·
Registered
29,548 Posts
They usually end up syncing with their cycles. However, I'm still waiting for Teddie too. Libs has been in and out and so has Matilda, but Teddie is resisting. I hope she doesn't pull a "Libby" and try and wait until she's 3.

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
3 !?!? :eek: Wow. Well I wouldn't really care if Abby waited until 3 since we aren't breeding her, but it does make spaying rather prolonged. >< I guess we wouldn't have to wait that many years though, right? Could do it 2 yrs?

·
Registered
29,548 Posts
Libs comes in every 10 months. If Teddie and Abby don't come in by 2 they'll both be spayed. I don't want to pass Libby's problem (and it would definitely be a problem by then) onto the next generation.

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
Grace just came into heat. She seems to go in about every 6-7 months.

I think we've just been lucky since we've never had problems with her and her heat as far as attracting unwanted male attention. She is also always under strict supervision. We actually didn't expect her in heat for another few weeks, but the our first clue was that our male started sniffing her....and he usually ignores her otherwise.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts