Just Labradors banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This really sneaked up on me. :)

I am home today on a little mini-vacation. Went out back with the boys for a while and they were up to their usual chase me, bite me, roll me down the hill. ::) They were getting pretty wound up, and suddenly Angus noticed a hole that one of them had started. He laid into it, digging as hard as he could. :eek:

I have never seen Angus dig. Simon is the digger. I was pretty shocked - so, I yelled, in my best "I am shocked at your behavior" voice, "ANGUS!"

He looked very startled, stopped immediately, and came up to the porch to make amends. ;D

I yelled the same "ANGUS" at him twenty times a day when he was a puppy, and he never even blinked. But today, his behavior was almost...Crash-like!

I suppose it just takes them a while to tune into you and learn your different "barks." It took Crash less time - it was almost like he came pre-programmed - but it looks like Angus has caught up.

Of course, he did totally blow me off a couple of weeks ago when he got a hold of a rawhide at a friend's house. ::) But, progress is progress!

·
Registered
7,664 Posts
Way to go, Angus! :D

I think it's like you said; it takes them a while to understand our different tones of voice. Now that Angus recognizes your "stop-that-RIGHT-NOW-or-you'll-be-in-big-trouble" voice you'll probably have an easier time with him.

That's so cool.

·
Registered
8,752 Posts
hehehe Nathan!

Good boy, Angus, for listening to Mom!! :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts