• Ummm

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Speak!

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
4,802 Posts
I can't pick just one. We have caller ID, so if it is a friend/family member, I answer the phone, "yyeeessss???"

If it is a telemarketer (we are on do not call list so they are not supposed to call us!), I answer, "may I help you" (in a really pissy tone).

Otherwise, I say "hello."

J

·
0 Posts
Depends on what phone it is. :p Cell, office or home?

Home its just "Hello". Cell is "Hello this is Laurie". Office is "Insert Company Name this is Laurie".

·
Registered
10,664 Posts
Hello for the house phone.

Hi Hun for the cell phone (it's usually Lor or those who don't mind being called Hun)

Engineering. Tom speaking. For my work line.

B

·
0 Posts
I voted hello for home/cell even though it has caller ID. Unless it's someone that I feel the need to mess with. Then I'll answer differently. ;D

At work, if I'm answering my line "This is Leah." If it's my bosses line "Keith **** office" and if I'm at the switchboard (**** the bad luck) then it's the company name.

J

·
0 Posts
dweck said:
Trivia for the day - When phones were invented, the greeting-of-choice was borrowed from the Navy: "AHOY!"
Bahaha! The next time I talk to you on the phone I'm gonna say that. :D

·
Registered
10,664 Posts
dweck said:
Trivia for the day - When phones were invented, the greeting-of-choice was borrowed from the Navy: "AHOY!"
Now I've learned two things today! Brain hurts...must ....take..... nap....

·
Registered
13,529 Posts
If I'm at home I say Hello, or sometimes, just to throw the telemarketers for a loop some catchy catch phrase, like "House of Lords, God speaking........" Or "Wong's Chinese Restaurant - if you're calling about your grey cat, we only had black ones today........"

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
My Dad used to love to confound those electronic telemarket data-gathering tapes.

Tape - Thank you for accepting our offer for free hair plugs. One of our representatives will be contacting you shortly. Please give us your first name, followed by its spelling....

Dad - My name is Blazinathaniumnuemberg Flatzengrafflivingstoneworthy. That's B-L-A-Z...

Tape - Thank you. Now give us your last name, followed by its spelling....

Dad - That's F-L-A-T-Z-E-N-G-R

Tape - Thank you......

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
G'day,

Depends on where I am, and what the mood is at the time:

In the unit (Normally) "G'day, this is BG 19"
Or if I'm being a smart-arse "Patty House of Straight Pleasure - Who'll you go for today?" :p
(Patty is the nickname for the head of the Unit)

Mobile phone - If I know who's calling its "G'day mate, whats going on?" otherwise its "G'day, Res IT services this's Ben"

Cheers,

Pottsie

R

·
0 Posts
I say hellooo *in my best Mrs. Doubtfire voice*
Thats not on your list. :p
At work It's good afternoon/good morning "insert Company name"
I'm the noon hour secretary.

:)

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
dweck said:
Ohhh...that's why Mr. Burns says that on Simpsons...never knew the reference.

·
Registered
16,679 Posts
Well that all depends on what phone I'm answering :p

@ home we have caller ID so depends on if I know who's calling...usually if I do it's "hey what's up?" or "what do you want?" sometimes "hola" if I don't know the # I simply say "hello"

my cell it's usually "hey"

at work...it depends on how busy we are or what mood i'm in we have to say either "harpoon hanna's" ooor "thank you for calling harpoon hanna's how may i help you?"

·
Registered
4,802 Posts
PhoebeJeebies said:
dweck said:
Ohhh...that's why Mr. Burns says that on Simpsons...never knew the reference.
Awww, you beat me too it!

Although he says, "ahoy-hoy."

·
Registered
9,226 Posts
I have caller ID so if it is someone I know, I pick up and say "hey nancy" or "hey Carrie"
I don't answer calls I don't know the number, I let the ans. mach. pick it up.

At work I say "....Public Library, Molly speaking"

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
I'm curious who would say "speak".

1 - 20 of 35 Posts