Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
28,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In Paris on March 19. The day after we get there. EGADS! That's the day we have booked for Lapin Agile and the Moulin Rouge! May have to change that.

Student protests last week... just like the year (1969) my sister was studying at the Sorbonne. She phoned home: "It's wild! We're out there throwing bricks with all the regular French students!" She was thrilled with this, my mother was not.

Looks like we'll get to observe one of France's favorite national pastimes! :)

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
This has 'international incident' stamped all over it. May I suggest tucking the Ph# of the U.S. embassy in your underwear?

·
Registered
28,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This has 'international incident' stamped all over it. May I suggest tucking the Ph# of the U.S. embassy in your underwear?
Certainly you may suggest that. International incident or not, if all public transport is shut down we may have to walk... even more than we had planned for that day.

Of the eight sisters and nieces jaunting about Paris, only ONE is a hale and hearty walker.

I shall find a feelthy leetle chien to cuddle on while I whimper in the gutter.

·
Registered
10,719 Posts
Will they provide bricks, the extra weight to take them over in yer luggage will be expensive.:D

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
France? Provide? No, we shall have to steal them from the streets. And pretend they are loaves of bread.
LOL! Nance I was just thinking of you and your trip!

My mom has a Papillon who was laying frog-legged on the couch and I was trying to think of how to say Papillon-Frog to him in French (well, just frog in french to add to the butterfly). I figured you might know in case you were practicing to order some frog legs ;)

So, pop quiz!

·
Registered
28,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sacre bleu! I think frog is something like "grenouilles"? N'est pas?
I'm the Spanish speaking sister... my French SUCKES!

:)

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
(I took 7 years of French hehe and I still don't know what it is :) )

·
Registered
10,719 Posts
France? Provide? No, we shall have to steal them from the streets. And pretend they are loaves of bread.
Do they put Peanut butter on them before they throw them?:rolleyes:

·
Registered
10,719 Posts
BTW what are they prostesting this time? A co-worker went over there last summer and they're bus drove by a bunch of them burning cardboard ears of corn, protesting us using corn to make fuel.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
10,719 Posts
The strike is scheduled in advance?
Gives them time to get the media prepared and the spectators, what fun would it be with out both?:D

They also have to get the programs printed.

·
Registered
2,695 Posts
Nance, it will be more of a pain in the ass than anything else. The buses and Metro may not run so put your walking shoes on.

·
Registered
6,597 Posts
First of all....W O W!!! You're sister studied at the Sorbonne???? Double wow!!

I had a very similar experience with a strike when I went to Paris with my son about 10 years ago. We WALKED all the way to the Louve...3 or 4 miles from our hotel, thought this was a great way to see the sights and we were so very excited to visit the Louve. (This was our first experience with round-a-bouts too). Wouldn't ya know it...the Louve was closed...they were on strike!

I think they do that on purpose so that tourists will have to come again!!!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts