Just Labradors banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wii!!!

For a long time I have been wondering if I wanted to get a gaming system. (My last was an Atari, about 20-25 years ago, and I could get totally possessed with video games...like playing for 6-10 hours at a time). I was curious about the Wii's but knew nothing about them. So, on Christmas I went over to a friend's house and their 7 year old son had just gotten one for Christmas. Well, we played for nearly 8 hours that night! The next morning I woke up and had a stiff right arm from the tennis game! And that was just from playing the "kid" games!

So, I decided to go and get one for myself! I was especially interested inteh Fit/Fitplus 'games', so I got that too. Last night was the first time I tried the FitPlus.....today I can barely move! It is amasing how far the games have come since Pong (that was my first "gaming" system). I have never been as fat or as out of shape as I am now, so I am hoping this will do something to motivate me to loose 40 pounds and have some fun doing it!

·
Registered
10,258 Posts
I hope it works for you.

Just my opinion, but I've always thought those games were just plain weird. I'm a "go outside and play" person. Can't see standing in my house playing with an imaginary person. Rather would play tennis with a real person, outside. I just like to be outside ;)

·
Registered
4,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh I would rather be outside too....but when the wind chills are below zero...or there is a foot of snow...or there is sleet and freezing rain and the ground is a sheet of ice (I have slipped under the car at least 5 times in teh last week getting in and out....). The older I get the less amused I am at Michigan winters!!

·
Registered
10,664 Posts
Oh I would rather be outside too....but when the wind chills are below zero...or there is a foot of snow...or there is sleet and freezing rain and the ground is a sheet of ice (I have slipped under the car at least 5 times in teh last week getting in and out....). The older I get the less amused I am at Upstate NY winters!!
Nothing really to add to this post but I felt compelled to change yours .

You had expressed my sentiments exactly. I love the outdoors but..........

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.