Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
8,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have this STUPID irrational fear of the dentist. Once (about 8 years ago now) went to a dentist who was awful and mean and hurt!!! and as a result I was left with a serious fear. I stress out, have had a panic attack, hyperventilate and generally freak out at a dentist. (I have made appointments 4 times, got to the waiting room and fled LOL) So I've never had a teeth checkup since I was 20...

But I know I need at least 2 fillings. So I have agreed (David has been urging me) to go this weekend ......... omg. Now that it's almost Wednesday here I am starting to feel the anxiety rise. He has told his dentist that I'm pretty scared but I don't think they know the full extent of it LOL. I wonder if I'll get to the waiting room and try and leave again? David has told me that he's coming with me to make sure I don't leave.

What's your irrational fear?

·
Registered
21,715 Posts
Can't say as I really have any, all my fears are very rational! ;):D I was thinking you could call your MD and maybe get some Ativan or Valium, or something to calm you down- it can make a huge difference! Good luck Sarah!

·
Registered Users
10,466 Posts
No need to panic Sarah. Just come to Doctor Garthy. :D

You can have your pick of what tool I use & I'll even throw in the chloroform for free! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
10,719 Posts
No need to panic Sarah. Just come to Doctor Garthy.

You can have your pick of what tool I use & I'll even throw in the chloroform for free!

And after that Garth will go for a ride with me some stormy night.:D

I'm with you, I've had lots of no fun medical stuff, still don't like someone messing with my teeth or eyes or nose. Guess it's I don't like someone right in my face.:eek:

·
Registered
21,715 Posts

I'm with you, I've had lots of no fun medical stuff, still don't like someone messing with my teeth or eyes or nose. Guess it's I don't like someone right in my face.:eek:
I'm pretty sure someone on here could analyze you and tell you what thats all about!!:eek::D

·
Registered
8,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Yes it's also so uncomfortable too isn't it :( I hate it and I so badly don't want this week to end!

·
Registered
21,715 Posts
What's mean about it? :confused: I said I'm not charging for knocking her out. I think that's pretty generous. :rolleyes:

She's probably on the plane up here now.
If I were you I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for her!!!:rolleyes: Or on second thought, maybe you should:rolleyes:

·
Registered
10,719 Posts
What's mean about it? :confused: I said I'm not charging for knocking her out. I think that's pretty generous.

She's probably on the plane up here now. :D
Well when yer done, head this way, tis the season.:D

·
Registered
8,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
What's mean about it? :confused: I said I'm not charging for knocking her out. I think that's pretty generous. :rolleyes:

She's probably on the plane up here now. :D
Actually do you know that I'll be spending 3 out of the 4 weeks in June in Townsville and Mackay! So I'll be in the same state as you...... but you still ain't touching my teeth.

·
Registered
10,719 Posts
See Pard you have an irational fear, that's a F-0 and it's moving away at an angle, nothing to fear, besides it's 3-4 miles away and you could get right up a 100 yards away from it and be fairly safe.:D

·
Registered
21,715 Posts
Actually do you know that I'll be spending 3 out of the 4 weeks in June in Townsville and Mackay! So I'll be in the same state as you...... but you still ain't touching my teeth.
Hey Sarah while your there could you call animal control, I'm pretty sure he is mistreating his pug! stealing the poor little guys computer chair and all!:mad:

·
Registered Users
10,466 Posts
See Pard you have an irational fear, that's a F-0 and it's moving away at an angle, nothing to fear, besides it's 3-4 miles away and you could get right up a 100 yards away from it and be fairly safe.:D
I'll give you an FO in a minute mister! :D

·
Registered
10,719 Posts
Hey Garth there's nothing to be afraid of Glen has a cellar and all;):D

Yeah but I don't use it. Ain;t gonna do laundry when there's tornados to chase.;)

1 - 20 of 45 Posts