Just Labradors banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
21,715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just was wondering? I came home today after a crappy day in the ER. Nothing new there- but the difference....... I came home took Sammi out and watered my vegetable garden! Nothing better then just standing there and watering the garden- its quiet, calming, and Sammi just hangs out with mom! Awwww de-stressing all the way. Sorry to our Aussie/ New Zealand friends that are just heading into winter, but hey could you keep it for an extra month or two this year:D There are many for me, but what do you like best about this time of year- besides "EVERTHING" which would be my answer if I hadn't started this thread!!:D

·
Registered
5,336 Posts
My garden, drinks on the patio with friends and dogs, watching thunderstorms from inside the screen porch, flip-flops, family BBQ's, and NO SCHOOL. :)

·
Registered Users
10,466 Posts
Sorry to our Aussie/ New Zealand friends that are just heading into winter, but hey could you keep it for an extra month or two this year:D
Don't be sorry for me. Our winters are mild & not much rain. It's during the summer that we get most of our wild weather in QLD. :) Pity about the rest of the country! :D

I look forward to it because while it's not raining, the lawns aren't growing hence less work. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Seeing my perennials pop out of the ground, and then watching them get bigger day by day.....planting annuals in my sidewalk garden, weeding, watering flowers and plants....the smell of my flowers as I enter the driveway...long walks with the dogs....watching the birds at the feeder, and the hummingbirds....

I could go on and on. :)

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
Flowers! I can be in a crappy mood walking to school or work, but then I see some lilies of the valley, or the first peonies opening, or the poplar trees in bloom - and can't help but smile :)

When I had a vegetable garden I often found weeding to be therapeutic lol

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
I love the late sunsets: Something magical about that 8:45 hr or so, when the heat of the day starts to back off and the sky is a mystic orange....

LOVE the beach. Always have. Something about the sound and smell of the ocean.

Wes' walks are about a thousand times easier in the mornings, too. No 254 layers of warm clothing. ZOOP - Into a pair of running shorts and sneeks and out the door!

And, see the "Just Losers" forum: Corn on the cob, funnel cake, fresh fruit, ICE CREAM!!!

·
Registered
6,548 Posts
My favorite thing is the sound of cicadas and tree frogs in the trees at night. Reminds me of sitting around the campfire as a kid with my family.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
The sun is out and no rain.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Spring is my favorite time of the year. I love gardening and enjoy seeing all the perennials come into bloom, getting up really early on nice mornings and puttering around in the garden when it's quiet and seems like no one else is up but me and the birds. So peaceful. I love summer for the same reasons (plus being able to get more local produce), but Spring just feels so fresh with all the new growth. Oh and I always look forward to our little hummers buzzing around the garden and feeders. They are such tenacious little guys. Plus quite often in the heat of the summer we will head out early to the lake to take Dee for a swim. I think the only thing I don't like about Spring and Summer is that they go by way too fast!

·
Registered
13,130 Posts
There is a lot to love. I definatley love gardening. I love to see things grow and bloom and know that I helped do that. I love spending time ourside with friends and family. I love going to the lake. The only thing I really don't like is the humidity and water bill!

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
getting up really early on nice mornings and puttering around in the garden when it's quiet and seems like no one else is up but me and the birds. So peaceful.
I couldn't agree more!! :)

·
Registered
11,362 Posts
All you people with the gardening...I don't get it. I guess I'm too much of a city girl to want to root around in the dirt...ugh...and the bugs! Yuck!

1 - 20 of 39 Posts