Just Labradors banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wonderful beaitiful 6 yo Australian Shepherd Linus is not himself for the past week. He looks very sad and does not want to go outside hardly at all. He is sort of moping around. I am taking him to the vet on Monday. He still eats okay, drinks okay, pees okay. Wags his tail. I don't know whether he's constipated (hard to watch him poop) He eats the same food, isn't a garbage hound like Parker (no sticks rocks or other junk). He does however have arthritis and his poor old bones may be bothering him. He has the worst habit of going out and just laying in the snow like its 90 degrees and sun is out. Also once he's out in the cold, he doesn't want to come in.

I talked to the vet's office to see if I could give him something in case it was his arthritis and they said a 325 mg coated asprin in cheese or peanut butter right after he eats because it's hard on the stomach.

Can anyone give me some advise or help. Thanks.

·
Registered
11,446 Posts
Well I think you are heading in the right direction by heading to the vet. I am guessing they will probably want to run some sort of diagnostic - maybe bloodwork and/or xrays.. He could have something funky going on inside or maybe a blockage. I would be tempted to bring some stool in and get a fecal done, too.. sometimes they can catch a bug or a parasite and not feel so hot for a few days.

Also, not sure about the weather changes, but sometimes when the weather goes up and down, it can cause some pain in arthritic dogs. Is he on any kind of meds for his arthritis?

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I am trying the 325 mg buffered aspirin, but if that's what it is I am hoping the vet will give me some Rimadyl or something when I go on Monday.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts