Just Labradors banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I browned up some sausgaes that were about on their last leg. Threw in some green bell pepper and some mushrooms and a little tomato sauce.

Now what? I have no pasta.... maybe grinders.

·
Registered
28,830 Posts
Uhhhh... a pork steak and a veggie and some applesauce, I think.
Unless I decide to go with a BLT, but then I'd have to fry all that bacon and, well, it's just too hot.

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
Leftover grilled leg of lamb, leftover pork roast, fried potatoes and onions, and corn off the cob. ;)

·
Registered
14,287 Posts
Super easy

one box of fusili or rotini pasta, cooked til just al dente & rinsed under cold water immediately & drain well once cold.

Add whatever veggies you like, I typically use

1 head of chopped fresh broccoli
1 can rinsed sliced black olives or whole Kalamatas
1 or 2 chopped sweet peppers, one yellow & one red or orange
1 chopped onion
a medium sized chunk of feta, chopped very small
1 small zucchini chopped small, I usually use yellow

enough viniagrette dressing to coat well, toss & refrigerate. You will need more dressing prior to serving, as the pasta absorbs a lot. I sometimes make my own garlic olive oil & balsamic dressing, or I use a natural greek dressing by Renee's. The longer this sits in the fridge, the better it is. It is even good over mixed greens with a touch of extra dressing.

·
Registered
10,719 Posts
Most likely samwhiches when I get home, off in a little over hour but might not head right home, we got red and puples on the doppler and it's headed right our way.:D

·
Registered
7,129 Posts
I ran out of steam before I could cook last night's dinner, so we had it tonight--pork barbecue, grilled corn on the cob, and Denny had mashed taters while I had sweet potato fries. Thinking about some watermelon for dessert.

·
Registered
21,715 Posts
Super easy

one box of fusili or rotini pasta, cooked til just al dente & rinsed under cold water immediately & drain well once cold.

Add whatever veggies you like, I typically use

1 head of chopped fresh broccoli
1 can rinsed sliced black olives or whole Kalamatas
1 or 2 chopped sweet peppers, one yellow & one red or orange
1 chopped onion
a medium sized chunk of feta, chopped very small
1 small zucchini chopped small, I usually use yellow

enough viniagrette dressing to coat well, toss & refrigerate. You will need more dressing prior to serving, as the pasta absorbs a lot. I sometimes make my own garlic olive oil & balsamic dressing, or I use a natural greek dressing by Renee's. The longer this sits in the fridge, the better it is. It is even good over mixed greens with a touch of extra dressing.
Sounds wonderful!! I didn't make it tonight but see it on the menu for tomorrow and something that would be great for camping next week!!:D

1 - 19 of 19 Posts