Just Labradors banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
16,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I made dinner allll by myself tonight. (just for me haha)

Meatloaf, mashed potatoes, and some cherry jell-o for dessert! I'll make a veggie too, but I'm not sure what yet. I'll eat it tonight and then tomorrow before the Kenny Chesney concert (yay!!!) my friend and I will have leftovers!!

·
Registered
10,719 Posts
Got some good deli corned beef in the icebox, some extra sharp cheddar and some homemade whole wheat bread, will see what I can do with that.:D

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
We're having pork chops, breaded in saltine cracker crumbs and pan-fried, and Bush's Country Style Baked Beans. This is one of Bill's favorite meals.

·
Registered
28,830 Posts
I'm fixing a little butterfly pork chop with sage rubbed into it, a salad with yellow peppers, diced up asparagus tips, and whatever else I can find to use up in a salad. Maybe a dollop of vanilla ice cream later on. :)

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
BLTs!! Someone mentioned it yesterday and now I have to have them :)

·
Registered
10,664 Posts
I love meatloaf! Unfortunately I have to hide it from the Cholesterol/Fat/diet police that have apparently taken a keen interest in my eating habits.

·
Registered
13,418 Posts
baked cod with a garlic butter sauce, homemade mac and cheese and steamed veggies.

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
We had spaghetti...except that I was out of spaghetti noodles so it was really just linguine with tomato sauce and meatballs. Lanna was pleased. :)

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
Rut roh - now I have a craving for BLTs, but we don't have any Ts! :(
Unless they're fresh from the garden T's they're optional as far as I'm concerned :) (The important part is the B!)

·
Registered
10,664 Posts
We had grilled chicken ceasar salad sandwiches. Yum Yum in my tum!
Do tell. It sounds excellent but I don't know what goes in a salad sandwich

·
Registered
5,211 Posts
Do tell. It sounds excellent but I don't know what goes in a salad sandwich
It is really good! And pretty simple-

We grill the chicken with just a bit of olive oil and salt and pepper. Then once it is grilled, I spread a bit of our favorite ceasar salad dressing on it and let it sit for about 5 minutes covered with tinfoil.

While that is sitting, we grill pitas to warm them up a bit. I spread an olive oil/garlic mix on the pita before we grill them so they crisp up a bit. IT only takes a few minutes for this to happen.

After slicing the chicken, we stuff the pita with romaine lettuce, chicken and a bit more ceasar salad dressing. And viola you've got all the makings of a ceasar salad- the pita tastes like a big crouton- or so my 5yr old says! LOL

In the past, we've used mini pita's and made it more like an actual sandwich. It's really good that way too.

·
Registered
13,489 Posts
Everything sounds so good now I'm hungry. I love meatloaf. I'd also love that homemade bread of Glen's. Amy, those chicken pita's sound really good, I think I'll try those sometime this weekend. We'd really like them. I made chicken soft tacos on whole wheat tortillas.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts