Just Labradors banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have part of a leg of lamb marinating in the fridge. I will cook it on the grill, and make some oven-roasted potatoes and a green veggie to go with.

Right now, though, I have a pot of chili simmering on the stove and a loaf of bread in the oven for lunch. YUM!

·
Registered
10,719 Posts
Pulled pork samwhiches.

·
Registered
3,479 Posts
I have a baked beef stew in the oven right now. Forgot to add the wine so I just added it an hour late but the pan is so full I have taken the lid off to let some liquid evaporate before I add the frozen peas and corn.

I am also making Monty's Roman Bread to go with it. I know it is not the exact recipe from the Steak House but if it is half as good as what they serve it will be wonderful. I think it is the minced onions that I never could figure out when I ate it there. It is in the rising stage at the moment.

Monti’s Roman Bread Recipe (Yield 2 lb. Loaf)
Ingredients:
1 Packet Yeast
2 ½ Cups Warm Water (100 degrees)
2 Tbsp. Granulated Sugar
6 Cups Flour
2 Tsp. Salt
¾ Cup Minced Onion
1 Tbsp. Canola Oil
Procedure:
In a warm glass or metal bowl combine water, yeast & sugar. Completely dissolve yeast, add flour, salt & onion and knead until smooth (you can use a mixer if available). Place dough in an oiled bowl and let rise until double in size. Remove from bowl and roll out to desired size (recommend a sheet pan at least 9 x 13), brush oil on surface liberally and add dried rosemary and onions. Salt to taste. Bake in hot oven approximately 15-20 minutes. Serve hot.

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have a baked beef stew in the oven right now. Forgot to add the wine so I just added it an hour late but the pan is so full I have taken the lid off to let some liquid evaporate before I add the frozen peas and corn.

I am also making Monty's Roman Bread to go with it. I know it is not the exact recipe from the Steak House but if it is half as good as what they serve it will be wonderful. I think it is the minced onions that I never could figure out when I ate it there. It is in the rising stage at the moment.

Monti’s Roman Bread Recipe (Yield 2 lb. Loaf)
Ingredients:
1 Packet Yeast
2 ½ Cups Warm Water (100 degrees)
2 Tbsp. Granulated Sugar
6 Cups Flour
2 Tsp. Salt
¾ Cup Minced Onion
1 Tbsp. Canola Oil
Procedure:
In a warm glass or metal bowl combine water, yeast & sugar. Completely dissolve yeast, add flour, salt & onion and knead until smooth (you can use a mixer if available). Place dough in an oiled bowl and let rise until double in size. Remove from bowl and roll out to desired size (recommend a sheet pan at least 9 x 13), brush oil on surface liberally and add dried rosemary and onions. Salt to taste. Bake in hot oven approximately 15-20 minutes. Serve hot.
Is that regular flour, or bread flour?

I made a beef stew yesterday that turned out great. We just had the chili and it's yummy. C'mon over, Laura, got plenty left!

·
Registered
3,479 Posts
Jackie I used regular flour. It seems to be rising nicely. It has about a 1/2 hour before it goes into the oven.

Where I got the recipe from has the best bread to go with steaks in Arizona. I could go and make a meal out of the bread. It is like a focaccia bread but it has rosemary on top and now I know onions in it I am also going to add dried onions to half the top because the recipe says "add dried rosemary and onions. I always knew the rosemary and salt were on top but never noticed the dried onions before.

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Jackie I used regular flour. It seems to be rising nicely. It has about a 1/2 hour before it goes into the oven.

Where I got the recipe from has the best bread to go with steaks in Arizona. I could go and make a meal out of the bread. It is like a focaccia bread but it has rosemary on top and now I know onions in it I am also going to add dried onions to half the top because the recipe says "add dried rosemary and onions. I always knew the rosemary and salt were on top but never noticed the dried onions before.
It sounds really good! I was going to make some to go with the lamb (there is rosemary in the marinade) but I don't have 5 cups of flour. :( I'll make some next time.

·
Registered
5,211 Posts
Cameron has a hockey game at 6pm. So we're having an early dinner. We'll be having pork tenderloin, mashed potatoes and some sort of veggie on the side, probably corn since the kids love it.

·
Registered
7,129 Posts
I brought home Mellow Mushroom for lunch: calzones, salad, and garlic bread. Nom nom nom. I'm having the other half of my calzone and half my salad for dinner.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.