Just Labradors banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking soup in my house, everyone has a cold.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Either tuna melts or blueberry pans with bacon. :D

·
Registered
13,418 Posts
meh, spaghetti. tomorrow i'm fixing a pot roast in the crockpot, though. :hungry:

·
Registered
4,595 Posts
We had pot roast last night, and all these pot roast comments are making me want it again! lol It was yummy.

We have to run to town tonight when Jason gets home, and since that'll end up being a 2+ hour trip, we'll go out to eat somewhere. It'll be time for the boys to hop in the shower and get ready for bed by the time we get home. :(

·
Registered
13,489 Posts
SawyerAndMe990 said:
Im making a big pot of Spanish Rice.
Is this a home made recipe? Can you post it? It sounds so good!

I'm going out with friends for dinner. Not sure what I'm going to order yet. Either a steak or some kind of fish.

·
Registered
6,788 Posts
I'm making chicken of some sort. Not sure how yet.

One night I'm making beef stew because it's going to be freezing here and who doesn't love stew on a freezing day??

·
Registered
16,679 Posts
Tonight I'll be going to Laura's house....tomorrow I'm going to Kelli's (pot roast is my favorite!!!)

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
Tuna macaroni casserole here. I think tomorrow I'll do up a big pot of sausage and lentil soup...cause like Aim said it's going to be freezing here!

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
Chicken Marengo

First time I am making it. Smells really good.

Chicken Marengo

Ingredients
• 4 bone-in,sin-on split chicken breasts(about 3lbs)
• salt and pepper
• 1Tbs extra virgin olive oil
• 1 onion,chopped fine
• 4 garlic cloves,minced
• 10 oz. cremini or white mushrooms,sliced thin
• 2tsp. minced fresh thyme
• 2Tbs. tomato paste
• 1(28oz.)can diced tomatoes,drained and roughhly chopped
• 3/4c low sodium chicken broth
• 1/2c brandy
• 1/4c pitted kalamata olives,chopped fine
• 1/4tsp red pepper flakes
• 3 Tbs unsalted butter

Directions
1. Adjust oven rack to middle position and heat oven to 450. Pat chicken dry with paper towels and season with salt an pepper. Heat oil in dutch oven over medium-high heat just till smoking. cook chicken,skin side down,until deep golden,about 5 mins. Flip and brown on second side ,about 2 mins. Transfer to plate.
2. Reduce heat to medium. Add onion to fat in pan and cook till softened,about 5 mins. Stir in garlic and cook till fragrant,about 30 seconds. Add mushrooms, thyme and 1/4tsp salt. Cover and cook,stirring occasionally,until mushrooms have released their juices,about 10 mins. Stir in tomato paste and cook until thickened,about 2 mins.
3. Stir in tomatoes,broth,brandy,olives and pepper flakes and bring to a boil. Add chicken pieces,skin side up along with any accumulated juices. Transfer pot to oven and cook,uncovered until chicken registers 160 degrees,about 30 mins. Transfer chicken to serving platter. Stir butter into sauce and season with salt and pepper. Pour sauce around chicken. Serve

1 - 17 of 17 Posts