Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
6,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is actually a busy weekend for us.

Tonight, if the weather holds out, I think we're going to the Indians game. (The Indianapolis Indians are the AAA team for the Pittsburgh Pirates.) It's Friday Night Fireworks. Plus their games are cool because the field is right downtown, great views of the city. (Sports Illustrated called it the best minor league ballpark in America.)

Tomorrow is the NASCAR Nationwide race at Indianapolis Raceway Park. First time we'll have gone to that one. It'll be Riley's first race.

Then Sunday, the BRICKYARD! at IMS.

Gotta get my ******* on this weekend. :p

·
Registered
4,364 Posts
Sounds like an awesome fun filled weekend!!!

Not much going on for me this time. umm will finish putting up my chair rails in the dining room. Hang up mirror in the guest bedroom, work on crochet project and start work on throw pillow covers.

Then sunday the bf and I and a couple other friends are heading to northern VA to an awesome italian restaurant to stuff ourselves silly!!!

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Then Sunday, the BRICKYARD! at IMS.
What's that?

Birthday dinner tonight! Tomorrow shopping with a gift certif I got...Sunday Dad and his girlfriend are coming over and bringing Buddy, their English Springer, to play with the gang. Oh, that means the rest of day on Saturday I'll be cleaning like madwoman.

:)

·
Registered
6,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The Brickyard 400 NASCAR race at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway.

Have a great birthday, Amy!

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Ohhhhhh! I don't know a thing about NASCAR. :)

Thanks!!

·
Registered
7,137 Posts
My daughter is being induced to have her baby girl Saturday morning. I am supposed to be there for the birth AND watch her 2 year old! hahaha We'll see how well I pull THIS ONE off!

·
Registered
11,362 Posts
busy weekend here too. We're doing major weeding (all the rain has made our yard a jungle) and getting some exterior painting done before the new siding is put in. :)

·
Registered
8,330 Posts
This is actually a busy weekend for us.
...Then Sunday, the BRICKYARD! at IMS...
Way Cool! How's the visibility at IMS? Pocono is only about 50 minutes from us, but we won't go because you can't see much.

Ohhhhhh! I don't know a thing about NASCAR. :)
Obviously. LOL Sorry, Amy, I couldn't resist!

Tomorrow we're going to a Welcome Home parade for the National Guard troops that came home last month. Not sure what we're doing after that, tho. I'd kind of like to take a ride over to the balloon fest, but who knows. Ken is still working on the shed, so I guess it depends on how far along he is.

Sunday is race day, so I'll be in front of the TV, probably screaming at the inabilty of whoever sings the National Anthem and the (lack of) fly over coverage.

·
Registered
13,524 Posts
Celebrating our anniversary (the big 17 on Saturday). :)

·
Registered
6,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Way Cool! How's the visibility at IMS? Pocono is only about 50 minutes from us, but we won't go because you can't see much.
You can't see the whole track. There are grandstands and a lot of "stuff" in the middle that blocks you from seeing the opposite side. Where we sit (outside turn 1) we can see everything from turn 4 to coming out of turn 2 and going into the backstretch. We can't see the backstretch, turn 3 or the the short chute between 3 and 4. There are big screens inside the turns so you can see what you're missing.

I still wouldn't miss it though. There's nothing like the roar of those engines.

·
Registered
10,664 Posts
Starting tonight is The Great American Irish festival. 3 days of traditional and Irish rock bands., Pipe competitions ,Rugby. Guiness,Bass,Harps,Saranac Irish Red and food. All ending with a Gaelic Mass on Sunday where the communion line exits to the beer tent(not kidding).

I'll do a blend of working around the house during the day and catching various bands here and there.

·
Registered
5,211 Posts
Tonight- We're going to my friends for a cookout. :)

Tomorrow- We're making the drive back home. Booooo.

Sunday- The boys gets to stay home and recover while Kelsey and I attend a bridal shower for Brendan's cousin.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts