Just Labradors banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All the other plants in this bed look fine. Weird.:confused: These are my first Shastas. Are they typically prone to pests?

·
Registered
10,719 Posts
Not sure, but now I have that old tv show "Please Don't Eat the Daisies" in my head.;)

·
Registered
5,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It's definitely a bug of some sort. The bunnies and deer do a number on my hostas and daylilies. But, they pretty much decimate the plants. These daisies are being nibbled by something small. Hence the tiny holes on the petals.

Thanks for the link, Justine! I sure hope it's not thrips! EEK!

·
Registered
3,209 Posts
If you scroll down here, there are different descriptions of the pest problems and how to get rid of them: http://www.backyardgardener.com/plantname/pd_c4ba.html

I saw that deer don't like them, so that's one thing to rule out. :)
I've found that animals rarely read what they're supposed to eat from the garden. I planted a garden based mainly on what the rabbits wouldn't eat. Seems I've actually planted the best salad bar in town. :cool:

·
Registered
5,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
How true! Plus, they seem to change their tastes from year to year. I have dozens of day lilies. In 10 years, they have never been touched. THIS year? They seem to be the animals' first choice.:rolleyes:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts