Just Labradors banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm still grillin. . It's been between 85-95 degrees in my kitchen/dining room all week so the grill has been the cooking instrument of choice :) (My bedroom/living room is a cool 76 degrees, so don't worry about me)

Tonight we'll have

1/2 of a Ribeye (rubbed with cracked black pepper/garlic salt and marinated in italian dressing then one more dose of pepper n salt before goin on grill)

Tilapia (Black pepper/garlic salt/lemon pepper and lemon juice)

Roasted corn in foil (salt, pepper and buttered first)

Roasted Potatoes

:) Yummy.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Country fried chicken patty for Phoenix

Country fried mushroom patty for me

Country style gravy

Cheesy potatoes

Strawberries for desert

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
I made beef fajitas with fresh mushrooms, green and yellow peppers, and onion. I used Steak Umms and just cut them into strips. Turned out okay!

·
Registered
13,418 Posts
chili cheese coney and tots from sonic. and a large iced tea.

·
Registered
21,715 Posts
Grilled Salmon/ shrimp- along with some Asparagus and mushrooms also on the grill and a nice green salad with fresh lettuce from the garden! Yummy

·
Registered
10,719 Posts
I felt like a carnivore so I braised about a pound and a half of round steak I had in the freezer, it was good. Should I have had a veggie also?:D

·
Registered
10,719 Posts
Yes, if nothing else it adds color to the plate:D:D
I just went and had a hunk of yellow cheese, sharp Cheddar in fact. Don't ask me why, when it gets this dang hot some folks want salads or ice cream, I want just meat.

·
Registered
21,715 Posts
I just went and had a hunk of yellow cheese, sharp Cheddar in fact. Don't ask me why, when it gets this dang hot some folks want salads or ice cream, I want just meat.
When it's really hot out I don't like to eat much at all, but salad with a little grilled chicken, salmon or steak sliced and placed over the salad is always great. Even crab or shrimp salad, all on its own- yum! I could eat salad, green, pasta, potato, every night and never get tired of it:)

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
In the summer I prefer cool meals and we actually grill less when it's hot than when it's cool. Since I do the grilling, I make the call. ;)

·
Registered
7,129 Posts
I tried to make soup but it was a disaster...for some reason when I added flour to thicken it formed weird lumps that wouldn't go away (even though I did the same thing last night with no problems). Then to add insult to injury, I cut my finger chopping garlic and thought it had stopped bleeding, only then I bled in the soup while I was adding milk. At that point I dumped the whole thing down the sink. Luckily we had a pound of ground beef thawed so Denny saved the day and grilled hamburgers and chicken sausages. I also made some sweet potato fries and sauteed mushrooms.

·
Registered
10,307 Posts
I tried to make soup but it was a disaster...for some reason when I added flour to thicken it formed weird lumps that wouldn't go away (even though I did the same thing last night with no problems). Then to add insult to injury, I cut my finger chopping garlic and thought it had stopped bleeding, only then I bled in the soup while I was adding milk. At that point I dumped the whole thing down the sink. Luckily we had a pound of ground beef thawed so Denny saved the day and grilled hamburgers and chicken sausages. I also made some sweet potato fries and sauteed mushrooms.
Make a slurry of water and cornstarch, then add to liquid and heat to thicken.

No, not a cook. But have a distant cousin who is a chef and insists on sharing with all the family.

·
Registered
13,489 Posts
Make a slurry of water and cornstarch, then add to liquid and heat to thicken.

No, not a cook. But have a distant cousin who is a chef and insists on sharing with all the family.
I agree, that's the best way to thicken it. I'm having haddock and roasted asparagus, fresh strawberries for dessert.

·
Registered
4,364 Posts
Haven't figured out dinner yet. But I am off to Chipotle for a Barbacoa Burrito Bowl! YUMMMmmmmmmMMmmm

1 - 17 of 17 Posts