Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gosh, i feel like i've been in my kitchen for weeks. After all that cooking last week I've been back at it for tomorrow. My bro and sis and their families are all getting together at our Dad's for dinner tomorrow. Yesterday I spent the morning making Perogies, today i made meat on a stick. Sis is making turkey croquettes. Bro is making meatballs and some salads. Dad bought some awesome homemade kielbassa. After all this i'm going to need a break. Happy New Year JL friends!!!

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Paul is making sauce and stuffed cabbage tomorrow. :)

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Hmmm, what's cooking for New Years? Let me see.

On Christams Eve, I cooked meatballs- as usual, that's what SU and MIL like to eat on Christmas Eve, and was told by SU he didn't want to celebrate Christmas because his daughters weren't there- they are 23 and 30 - and he didn't think it was good enough that me and his Mom were. We didn't matter.

On Christmas day I cooked a prime rib roast and his daughters came. One showed up 10 minutes before and the other was 30 minutes late. Christmas to SU and MIL is the meal which they don't cook, the girls it's all about the gift, and nothing else, it is not important.

Tomorrow, they expect ham and home made macaroni cheese. Hah! Good luck....

·
Registered
21,293 Posts
Hmmm, what's cooking for New Years? Let me see.

On Christams Eve, I cooked meatballs- as usual, that's what SU and MIL like to eat on Christmas Eve, and was told by SU he didn't want to celebrate Christmas because his daughters weren't there- they are 23 and 30 - and he didn't think it was good enough that me and his Mom were. We didn't matter.

On Christmas day I cooked a prime rib roast and his daughters came. One showed up 10 minutes before and the other was 30 minutes late. Christmas to SU and MIL is the meal which they don't cook, the girls it's all about the gift, and nothing else, it is not important.

Tomorrow, they expect ham and home made macaroni cheese. Hah! Good luck....

Do I detect a note of cynicism ?

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Bitter, party of one?
Bitter, party of one?
:D

(Kidding, F&E's Mom. That blows!).

·
Registered
11,990 Posts
I've been sick since the 26th and have done zero cooking (after making a fabulous Christmas dinner for 8.

AND - this is the first time in my memory where we don't have any plans at all for NYE or NYD. Maybe I have bad breath.

So - I'm thinking of making sweet and sour meatballs for just us. And - maybe some faux champagne since I can't drink alchohol anymore. Boo-hoo!

·
Registered
13,524 Posts
i hope mcdonald's is open...
LOL! Me too!

I don't cook, and food really doesn't mean that much to me. I am just happy with a McDonald's cheeseburger as I am with a home cooked meal.

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Cynical? Bitter?

Not me......................

I'm in beotch mode................................

In all seriousness, I am going to enlist SU to BBQ beer can chicken......................

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Snack foods- bbq meatballs, nachos, chips and dip, smoked salmon, etc.
Tomorrow is the Rose Bowl !!!GO DUCKS !!!

·
Registered
13,418 Posts
tonight is snack food and rum and coke. dont know or care about tomorrow. whatever is in the freezer.

·
Registered
5,211 Posts
For 20 years, DH's family gets together on New Years Day at one of his cousins houses. So, I'm making lasagna rolls for tomorrow. Everyone brings a dish to pass. IT is one of my favorite days of the year. Good food. Good friends. Good fun. We are very lucky to have such a wonderful extended family. :)

·
Registered
11,079 Posts
New Years Day, it's pork and sauerkraut.

Bucksmom, when you say meat on a stick, what is it exactly?

·
Registered
3,479 Posts
Tonight is seafood chowda...couldn't resist after the Christmas Eve post. Lots of shrimp, scallops, lobster, crab and cod with a crusty bread. As my SIL is coming and she is doing really good and not drinking it has been 9 months now we won't drink until she leaves after dinner and no sherry in the chowda. I have a few snacks such as stuffed mushrooms, mini quiche etc (all store bought) to serve later.

For New Years Day we are grilling ribeyes, baked potatoes, corn on the cob and rolls.

·
Registered
7,129 Posts
Just ordered pizza so we're definitely having leftover pizza tomorrow!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts