Just Labradors banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11,446 Posts

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
My dogs would qualify as "miniature" because they are british blooded (and hence over 1.5 inches shorter than American show bloodlines)

JAJA that is ridiculous. The problem is that they mix the dogs with other breeds or breed unhealthy (hence why they are smaller) dogs to create smaller versions...

My Homer is still the shortest male lab I´ve seen! He´s my Mini Lab! who´s never going to be bred!

·
Registered
2,623 Posts
What is interesting is that folks haven't apparently learned why there are so many more problems w/ the "teacup" poodles, yorkies, chis, etc. When you start selecting for small size, you can inadvertantly select for some health issues (esp in the toy breeds) like shunts, etc.. Anne

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
Totally agree, send the link to the "truth about pedigree dogs" videos on you tube. In the case of my "shorty" I later found out he´s short because of his heart desease, he´s also very vulnerable to stomach ailments. Imagine if I would use him as a stud just because he´s shorter than standard...

That fad of developing "new" breeds, I don´t understand it...

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
Yup, that's the same dumb bioch that wrote about the silver Labs and the white Labs. I think she is dangerous. Where in the hell did she get the idea that miniature Labs are a breed recognized by the AKC?!?!? There are only LABS - period. And her sizes are not allowed in AKC shows.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts